Item sold on ebay, buyer asks for refund, sends a different item back (a cable! ). Am I protected?

ultragiannis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community.

Please assist.

I sold a mobile on ebay and some extras as well as a gift.

The buyer claimed that the phone was not charging (it was checked before) and wanted to return.

Paypal kept the money and guess what.

The buyer sent back a Laptop Charger instead of the phone.

I knew when I saw the envelope that this was wrong as I sent a box and he sent back a small parcel.

So now he has both the money and the phone.

I contacted Ebay and Paypal but to be honest I do not trust if they assist on this case or if they don't do anything.

This is a crime and it needs to be punished

Am I going to find a solution please?

I have the buyer's details and pics of what he sent. 

Please assist 

Thanks

Post edited to remove the photos.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi ultragiannis and welcome,

This sounds like a difficult case and situation. If you have received an itelback that is not the one that you sent then you will need to contact us directly and request an appeal of the case. This way we can look in to the issue again for you. 

Thanks for posting,

Paula

Login to Me Too

ultragiannis
Contributor
Contributor

I can't even report it to you

I have sent you an email already some days ago , however I cannot open a dispute with you 

Seriously this is the worst thing ever and at this moment I have been the victim of a fraudster, money on hold and my device still in their hands. 

😞 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ultragiannis

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.