paypal customer service lying to me

Mitch5373
Contributor
Contributor
I really am at a loss for words with regards to paypals customer service, I have been lied to everytime ive made contact, why they feel they can lie to a customer ?? this is not good practise 1) I am told that a email is being sent to there security dept asking them to lift the hold on my payment i need to wait between 24 hr and 72 hr 2) I am told after waiting 72 hr that no email was ever sent and that i had to wait at least 21 days 3) I was told there is nothing i can do to speed up the 21 day waiting process, that there is no delivery date for items collected in person therefor i must wait 21 days, yet after speaking to ebay they lift the hold within 24 hr 4) I was told my withdrawal to bank would take 2 hrs 5) I was told that the payment reveiw would take 21 hours 6) I was told the payment reveiw would take 24 hours 7) I was told the payment reveiw would take 72 hours because they need to confirm the source of payment, despite this source being a ebay sale 😎 I was told reveiws are only done randomly, despite my last four withdrawals being sent for reveiw 9) I am told when they say random they actually mean random in batches 10) I was told that my call was being redirected to the security team to disguss the reasons sent to me by email regarding why a security reveiw of my withdrawal was necessary and taking upto 72 hours to complete 11) I was told security reveiws are necesarry to ensure my funds will reach my bank account, despite them having no problem sending a penny to my bank to confirm my bank account 12) I am told that they only ask for a reveiw of a withdrawal for high anounts, I ask what is considered a high anount and im told £100 so whilst on the phone i try a transfer of £80 it goes for security reveiw, i try £50 its sent for security reveiw, i try £20 and its sent for security reveiw 13) i am told there must be some other reason for the security reveiws when i ask for a explanation i am told they dont have a valid reason this is just what happens 14) I am told that there is no security dept and that this dept that does reveiws does not exist 15) I ask to speak to someone regarding raising a complaint, i am told there is no one at paypal that i can speak to as they dont actually have a complaint dept, and they could not explain how or whom handles complaints 16) I am told that paypal do not receive any interest on the money of mine that they are holding or reveiwing 17) I ask where my money currently is being held? and im told its not being held anywhere its not in my bank its not in my paypal account it is in processing, but they dont actually know where it is during the processing process 18) I express my concern over my money not being available when i need it, im told it is available just not to withdraw until reveiws are completed 19) I am told that should my payment reveiw not be done within 72 hours they can raise a ticket to get my money released, when i ask to raise a ticket now they told me they cant raise a ticket whilst its pending, but in 72 hrs if its pending they can raise a ticket 20) I ask about closing my account as i am unsatisfied customer and im told I can close my account but i can not close it now I really dont think customer service know an awful lot, they are simply repeating the automated responces given when they reply to emails if you ask a question where there isnt a automated responce they improvise with their answer, in hope you will simply give up and go away. There must be laws in the uk that they are breaking as i didnt think it was legal to lie to customers or advertise and make false declarations, I mean how can a security reveiw be done by a security team that doesnt exist, and ive never heard of any financial institution that doesnt have a complaints dept, or whom tells you that your money is no where whilst it being processed Does any one else have these sort of problems with paypal, as i no longer feel my money is safe in their hands
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.