Chargeback scam

Swissie94
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. Im hoping somebody can help me. I have received a chargeback from somebody that bought something from me on ebay. They bought a digital download code. They used the code and now 23 days later have contacted their bank to say it was unaurthorised. Obviously once the code has been used it cannot be refunded due to the nature of the item. I think they know this and are falsely claiming that it was unaurthorised, i think the opposite is true due to the account user contacting me several times through ebay asking questions about the code etc. My question is how can i stop paypal from issueing a refund in their favour. I have tried emailing the account user but no response. Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Skyfox

Having this problem myself, my sympathies. Quite infuriating how easy it is for them to pull this one. Surely if it was 'unauthorised' that is not our problem?? Anyway, they even left positive feedback!

I have filled in the appropriate response form, but after reading in this forum, I have a feeling they will rule in the scammer's favour.

I have heard of people being able to claim back from their bank for this, but it is time consuming.

I have more information i need to send to Paypal, but I can't seem to find a way to edit my response, anyone else have any idea how to do that?

Login to Me Too

Swissie94
Contributor
Contributor
I know, its infuriating. I had to pay £40 to paypal. A refund and an investigation fee. To say i was annoyed was an understatement. Unfortunately, they will most likely side with the buyer, they dont seem to like helping the sellers. I've stopped using ebay and paypal after it, no longer be bothered with the hassle of scummy buyers. To provide further evidemce i had to phone paypal who gave me a website address where i could submit my evidence, which was a complete waste of my time. Hope you get it sorted.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.