You cannot ship First Class International with Paypal shipping.

woodstock1966
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed you cannot ship first class with Paypal shipping to International places, even Canada. I ship everything with Paypal shipping and then I have to go over to Ebay shipping to ship First Class International because the other shipping options they have are to expensive. If I ship 1 Pokemon Card Paypal wants me to ship it Priority or Express. I always ship first class to ship 1 card. Please fix this problem Paypal. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Casiveo
Contributor
Contributor

You can't even pay for First Class International at USPS online so not being able to do with PayPal seems normal.

Login to Me Too

I think it would be a great feature to be able to use PayPal for first-class shipping international.  I would say about 1/3 of my sales are international and it would be an addition I would use.

Login to Me Too

RN47
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal shipping was the only option with eBay until I believe last year when they introduced eBay Shipping Label. When introduced, it would only handle USPS Priority, Parcel, Media and First Class Mail parcel, same as Paypal, same rates. FYI Paypal is owned by eBay or is a majority owner. For UPS you had to use Paypal as well. Just some months ago, eBay started to offer First Class Mail International shipping labels but with a warning that seller protection is not available with that shipping option. If you are a Top Rated Seller/Power Seller, you also get an additional shipping discount on USPS Priority Mail and Express Mail service. That is the Commercial Plus rates set for high volume shippers, but offered to TRS as a bonus. This option is not available through the Paypal shipping. Only one problem with eBay Shipping Label is the support. Try getting them to correct the length of the Name field in the label template and it is taking forever. It is just like the Paypal label template, but it cuts off the "Name" in the "From" address fields. It just started doing this a little over a month ago and they still have not done a fix. I bet if the "e" on eBay was cut off, that would be fixed right away! I've been completing the "FROM" name field by pen and it is getting old, so I go over to Paypal to use their shipping label except when shipping USPS Priority as I get the Commercial Plus shipping rates.

Login to Me Too

elty
New Community Member

I agree. I only use eBay shipping for this reason.

Login to Me Too

gspice
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the tip.  I did not know you could ship 1st class International with ebay.  I just went over there and shipped my package.  Great!   Made my day!

Login to Me Too

IvanKalinin
Contributor
Contributor

Wait . . . I have never been able to ship FIrst Class International on eBay. At least I thought I couldn't. What is the procedure on eBay? 

Usually when I make a sale, I just click on "Print shipping label". Where do I look / click for the option of First Class International? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I guarantee I'm losing sales on International, because I have been posting Priority Mail prices for International shipping. With First Class International, I could cut my postage costs in half (or more) and that would make me much more compteitive! 

Login to Me Too

reelkate
New Community Member

As we ramp up to the holiday shipping season, adding 1st Class International to PayPal shipping would be a huge time saver. Most of my shipments are under 4 oz and I rarely ship by USPS Priority or Express Mail Int'l. If PayPal is set up to to other international shipping methods which include the customs paperwork, this would seem to be a no-brainer to add the 1st class.

Login to Me Too

arserpent
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal may not allow first class international shipping due to the fact that you can not track it and is less secure, (this is only my opinion). I think that not being able to have tracking would be a nightmare for them in terms of the buyer protection program, the same goes for ebay. I deal in postage stamp collecting and ship internationally all the time. There's no way that my buyers would want to pay huge fees for Global Express, Priority or or even Registered mail just to get tracking. Many customers may only purchase one or two sets of stamps with a possible value of about $5; therefore, it would not be worth it. So a long time ago, I purchased a postage scale to use in conjuction with the USPS website rate calculator. Since I always have stamps available this made it easier to handle and I don't have to deal with paypal or ebay shipping regulations or waste printer ink and paper as an added cost. All I have to do is plan which days to go to the post office (it helps to have two near by) to drop the mail off - there's no dealing with long lines because my mail is already stamped. Please let ebay and paypal know how you feel about it and hopefully with the right number of complaints they may soon change this rediculous policy. They have put these tools in place in order to help you do business more efficiently but are somewhat limited.

Login to Me Too

Sweetandsavory
New Community Member

About 15% of my sales are International.  My Postoffivce is always busy, so every time I go to the post office I must stand in a line 45 minutes minimum.  I would love the first class international option. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.