Email addresses, relationship to eBay, holding money, etc.

mdsinmi
Contributor
Contributor

Is it just me? Or has anyone else noticed a number of recent changes making the user experience somewhat more challenging, and throwing more benefit to eBay and PayPal, and less to the users who actually pay for these services? These are my observations of late:

1. Email addresses from those sending you money. All of a sudden, these email addresses (from eBay sales) are suppressed, meaning gone. I understand that eBay doesn't want buyers and sellers to communicate, but eBay should have given up their rights to control PayPal when they spun it off.

2. Relationship to eBay: yes, once they were one and the same, but eBay was spun off. You'd never know it. eBay has the ability to take money from your paypal account without specific permission, and any issues you have with anything to do with eBay, you cannot talk to PayPal about. What's up with that?

3. Multi-Order shipping: They removed that from a normal paypal account. I'm not a commercial operation but used it all the time. I was told of a secret way to find it again, but really--why remove a service from your users? To force them into a business account?  What if you are NOT a business?

4. Money holds: when you buy something and pay with Paypal, that money is taken from your account instantaneously. If you give someone a refund, that money is taken from your account immediately. However, if YOU buy something, and that item is returned by you, and refunded by the seller, Paypal doesn't credit your account (though they removed it from the sellers instantly) for 3-5 days. Again, what's up with that?

Seems that every time I turn around a feature is being removed, a fee is going up, a policy is negatively impacting a user, and the user experience is getting worse. Signs of monopolistic behavior?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.