Unauthorized Transaction with my.com b.v.

ryoujies
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to buyer protection, or whatever protection Paypal seems to boast about? The coverage is close to none!

I woke up this morning getting a text from Paypal regarding a login code. Mind you I was sleeping, so why would I be getting asked to verify a log in an hour prior to me waking up? I immediately started freaking out and logging into my account in hopes they weren’t able to go through but of course, to my surprise, there’s a charge of $75 USD out of my account from some website I never even heard of my entire life! The merchant is my.com B.V. I immediately went ahead to file a dispute and reported the transaction as unauthorized. Paypal said it would take 10 days to review the case but as per usual, they got back to me within an hour or so closing the case and saying that I authorized a transaction for a site I don’t even know existed, greatIt’s almost as if the fraud or dispute department never looks into cased AT ALL. This is the second time I’ve gotten hacked and Paypal telling me it’s my fault and I just gotta accept it.

I’ve been trying to escalate it to a claim but there’s no option for me to in the resolution centre. I’ll hopefully call Paypal sometime this week, since I’m busy. I know $75 USD (approx. $100 CAD) doesn’t sound a lot to some, but as a student it’s a ridiculous amount. I’m losing hope since some people on here have brought up the same issue and Paypal did the same thing by closing down their cases, with the SAME merchant.

I’ve contacted my bank regarding this matter and opened up a dispute. Paypal doesn’t seem to care about its users and I feel so unsafe using this platform now. Looking to permanently shut my account down once I get to the bottom of this 😕 I’d appreciate any insight or advice from anyone who’s experienced the same issue, as this is just flat out ridiculous. It makes so sense that Paypal reimburses people who take advantage of buyer protection, buyers who scam businesses, yet serious issues like this seem to get overlooked…

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Princex3 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Princex3
Contributor
Contributor

I did that the moment i found out that I lost all my balance, and then i found out that there's an automatic payment that was set today "While I was literally asleep LOL" to "MY.GAMES B.V." to get all of my account balance.

And then I filed a case to PayPal to get the money back and they denied it saying that I'm the one who authorized it, like wtf? is this what PayPal is all about? broken security system and money gets stolen within seconds?

this is **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

curtinrp
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too. Was charged monthly since being "automatically enrolled" in monthly payments, starting last month in January. I only found out about it this month because PayPal sent me an email saying I was being charged my automatic monthly payment to this random games company that I have never heard of. Clearly a scam. 

Login to Me Too

curtinrp
Contributor
Contributor

Just coming back to say the same thing, they denied my claim saying I was the one who authorized it, so I cant get any money back. I looked at the game company's website and I have never downloaded a single thing from them. Obviously bull**** move by PayPal

Login to Me Too

Temp20230409b
January 2023 is when it started for me too.
Login to Me Too

JWind
New Community Member

This is EXACTLY what just happened to me. Scary how this got setup with no Paypal email received from the original subscription. Thankfully I've only lost $5 so far, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230409b
They dismissed my case because “it matched account history.”
Login to Me Too

MrPwner911
I was charged a total of thirty dollars in two separate payments. Seeing the first payment I thought it was Microsoft was using a different type of subscription until I saw the second charge from my(dot)games. NOPE, reported that ASAP.
Login to Me Too

Frizouw
Contributor
Contributor

They charged me 100 USD today, I don't even know who they are.

When I search it's mobile games, I don't even play mobile games!!

Login to Me Too

Dominic92x
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to add to the posts above. I also got the MY.GAMES B.V. scam. They took out different amounts of money in November 2022 and in February 2023. I've never had issues like this before. I cancelled the auto payment and I am attempting to appeal with PayPal now because they think that auto payment was "normal" for my activity ... Okay. PayPal has historically been great when it came to the VERY few issues I've had. Has it gone down hill in the last several years? I've used PayPal for over 15 years and have always touted about how awesome it was. If PayPal isn't going to protect its users, it might be time to move on and end our accounts.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.