charge using a Paypal star branded PLD [removed] -fraud /no investigation

MauriceShumpert
New Community Member

I'm really upset right now...today my bank account was charged $28.44 by a Paypal star branded PLD [removed]... not sure what that is so I called Paypal, I had already canceled my card when I saw it was not listed in Paypal transactions.  They offered no investigation....said it might be a Venmo!?! don't have Venmo or use it...so I'm nervous, and my parents now....wondering what if this had been a like a $1,000  ....thoughts...Ive been using Paypal for a long time and never got the brush off before...thoughts?  this is crazy

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

sammykins
Contributor
Contributor
Because they want to become richer and make us poorer. That's why they take money from others with no prior warning. They're laughing at us.
Login to Me Too

JarrodC
New Community Member

I have the exact same thing, $84.37 charge from Star Branded PLD, not on my paypal account or google play account or anything. Can't even figure out what the company is supposed to be.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me a few days ago. I looked into it and...it was actually a purchase I made on Ebay mid July! Somehow they never charged my debit card.  I thought it was fraud until I dug deeper. I don't know why it's taking them that long to process purchases. Ebay has gotten super shady lately...I don't plan on using them anymore.

Login to Me Too

Acelinsmimi
New Community Member
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday , only the charge was 59.95. I am unable to find any answers , much less speak to someone . I would be happy if PayPal would respond to an email. If someone has any suggestions on how to get my money back or if there is something else I could do, I would really appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

KeeliKiwi
New Community Member

I've had 3 transactions go out of my bank yesterdat 1st Sept.  

Login to Me Too

sammykins
Contributor
Contributor
They won't do anything. You can provide all the evidence you can but they will keep hounding you for more, no matter how many times you let them know they have sufficient evidence to prove it. They're stealing from us. We're in the wrong and they're in the right. I'm going through a rough time with them right now. Trust me. They will repeat the same thing over and over and you'll sound like a broken record. They were never like this before. Now they're a fraudulent company.
Login to Me Too

Edd221
New Community Member

I got this too, on the same day. Mine was for $326. what the hell is going on?

Login to Me Too

sammykins
Contributor
Contributor
Contact your bank. PayPal won't do anything. Try as you might, they'll ignore you. Get a new card at the same time. Since what I sell requires PayPal, I'm stuck with these cheating fraudsters until a better one comes along and said company will be on sites that I sell things. I have to sell things I don't want to sell because PayPal is incompetent.
Login to Me Too

CPiccininni

I also had this happen. There were 4 charges that were duplicates of charges made earlier in the summer to a real vendor. They were also charged to a card that was NOT my account set default. All of the information on my bank account for these transactions was totally different from any other previous charge from that, or any, vendor via PayPal. None of these charges appeared on my PayPal account nor did I get emails saying I approved the transaction. So I called my bank, reported them as fraudulent and canceled my card. Not leaving anything up to chance.  I don't believe, at this point, that PayPal themselves had anything to do with this as nothing shows on my account although the lack of concern shown by them doesn't give you a warm fuzzy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.