You can no longer use Paypal

meinyanph
Contributor
Contributor
I have an old business paypal account which I closed since there's no option to switch back to paypal personal account. I created a new paypal account on the same date, but ended up turning it to business account after finding out that there's an specific features which I can only use when I'm in business account. Then the next day, Paypal asked me to submit an ID and other bank documents which I did. However, they still restricted my account saying this "You can no longer use PayPal At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services. Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money." Is there a way to remove this permanent limitation? I haven't made any transactions yet using my new account, so I don't know which inconsistent activity Paypal is talking about.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meinyanph 

You can rarely appeal a permanent ban but if you want to try an appeal then contact customer services.

They 'may' pass it to the back office but the chances of the appeal being successful are slim. Paypal state that the decision is not made lightly and once made is usually final.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meinyanph 

You can rarely appeal a permanent ban but if you want to try an appeal then contact customer services.

They 'may' pass it to the back office but the chances of the appeal being successful are slim. Paypal state that the decision is not made lightly and once made is usually final.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LuckyFred
Contributor
Contributor
That was what I received too, I dropped my documents that they needed, within few hours the gave me that same message they sent to you that you can't use PayPal anymore, but within few minutes they restored it back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.