Wiirut overcharge

Bdlinmi
Contributor
Contributor

Made a purchase from an ad on Facebook. The seller charged me 8x for my purchase. PayPal has denied any claim and the seller does not reply to emails. One email is simply rejected as invalid. How can this be resolved or refunded if the seller is a fraud?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Bdlinmi
Contributor
Contributor

As of today, I've been refunded the full amount of the transaction. Had to call Paypal again as the initial refund only covered the overcharge but that was quickly corrected today.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Bdlinmi,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to know about what has happened. If you're not happy with the decision of the dispute, you can certainly appeal the case by selecting a closed case in the resolution center within 10 days from the dispute closed date. Here's the link to appeal.

Thanks,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ariespaw0379
Contributor
Contributor

Me, too! I ordered one cat fountain through an add on Facebook. The thank you message after the order was done was from WIIRUT. Then I'm informed from PayPal that they charged me for 8 fountains! I emailed the company twice and have received no answers.  I am in the process of disputing this charge. I am also going to use your post as more proof that PayPal needs to give us back our money and block WIIRUT.

Login to Me Too

Bdlinmi
Contributor
Contributor

I called Paypal and they opened the dispute. Wiirut has 10 days to reply to the inquiry. Thanks for adding another voice to the complaint. It's rather interesting that if you try to complain to Facebook there's actually no way to directly tell anyone that Wiirut is a scam. 

Login to Me Too

Monker45
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me. Check USPS for an envelope Wiirut sends out to your zip code. They will give a letter stating a package was sent in your name to an address they can't tell you. This letter should be forwarded to PayPal . This company is still advertising on Fb
Login to Me Too

Monker45
Contributor
Contributor
Same situation here. I have screen shots as well. They pretty much stole $97 from me. It's a shame Facebook and PayPal allow it. I will be starting Monday on getting a refund.
Login to Me Too

Bdlinmi
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email from "the seller" yesterday through paypal. It included a tracking number for shipping which showed the item was delivered on 12/21...though I never received anything. Additionally it had me buying the eight fountains which we already know is part of this scam. I replied back to the seller *again* and still have not heard from them in response to any of my emails.

Login to Me Too

Bdlinmi
Contributor
Contributor

And another thing...the shipping info was from the USPS. Oddly, the package never appeared on my Informed Delivery list.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Bdlinmi
Contributor
Contributor

As of today, I've been refunded the full amount of the transaction. Had to call Paypal again as the initial refund only covered the overcharge but that was quickly corrected today.

Login to Me Too

Monker45
Contributor
Contributor
I got my refund. Not in full because of how I worded it. $11.00 short but I'm satisfied and pretty much giving up on FB and PP
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.