Why am I getting an email saying I have a shopping notification for Simons?

justjamiegee
New Community Member

I have never shopped at Simons but I have received a first and a follow up email saying this. When I click on it it just takes me to the main PayPal page and I cannot find any notification.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

bronbagby
New Community Member

I've been getting the same email, 2 or 3 times now. I'm struggling to find out what it is and it's getting frustrating.

Login to Me Too

queenrachee
New Community Member
Me too. I have not shopped at Simons in months and there are no charges listed when I log in.
Login to Me Too

johnp784
Contributor
Contributor

This is still happening as of January 9th 2022.  I have never shopped at Simons and there is seemingly no way to make those notifications stop.  When I click on the blue button in the Paypal email, it just brings me to the dashboard with no further information or anything! ARE PAYPAL SERVERS HACKED?

Login to Me Too

johnp784
Contributor
Contributor

It happened AGAIN this morning, this is pure spam?!

Login to Me Too

chuck331
New Community Member

I got an email said I have a shopping notification for Harry Rosen on January 15, but I have not purchased anything there for years.

Login to Me Too

jesser85
Contributor
Contributor

it's a coupon for a discount at simons

Login to Me Too

CepheitheStar
New Community Member

I got the same thing for Harry Rosen, and now for Poshmark.

This is not fraud or a security problem from what I can tell. It appears to be a reeeeally disgusting advertisement campaign by Paypal itself for a coupon to these stores and to get people to check their paypal accounts by making it look like it might be fraud or a security risk.

When I first saw it, I thought someone had charged money to my account at these websites, but nope. Just a coupon, presented in a really scary format by paypal.

Login to Me Too

Roungchen
Contributor
Contributor
same here, they added new feature that notify you if there discount offer from their partner/vendor. by default, you are being opt in. This is different from Marketing
Login to Me Too

HungerBear
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal!!!

I'm getting notifications from JD Sports.  I've never shopped at that store.  Please make it STOP!!

I don't see how to turn off these types of notifications.  None of the notifications say to turn off from vendors/other store, etc... and I don't want to turn off the wrong ones.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.