REFUND FROM A SCAM PROFILE

Geo91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. On the 5th of June Ale****** S**** (brand marketing) of VERSACE brand contacted me via email if i would like to be the ambassador of the brand in GR. They asked me to sign an agreement first, before send me the items to promote/advertise. Then they sent me a paypal account of Ryan [removed] to pay only one time the shippping costs from US-GR. The next times all shipping costs etc will be covered by them. I signed the agreement , sent them 120usd and then noone replied/contacted me again. I couldnt believe that i got traped ( Everything/everyone was fake)! I want to ask you if i can get the whole amount back. Im asking for refund, because he (Ryan) never replied. Thank you

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geo91 

Sorry but how on earth could you believe that rubbish, you basically sent funds to a stranger on the internet with a made up story.

How did you send the funds ie goods/services OR friends/family?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Geo91
Contributor
Contributor

Good/Services

Thank you so much for response

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geo91 

Then click on the transaction and open a dispute using the report a  problem link bottom of that details page?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Geo91
Contributor
Contributor

I ve done it, but there wasnt any option to refund me, or if it was a scam... There were other options as - Did was card/paypal account hacked , and other 2 options cant recall them now.. I chose that one ( card was hacked) because the other 2 options were irrelevant, sending it with a clearly description of  issue. After 15minutes  i got a message that affair was closed! After a reasearch (Paypal) we discovered that some tranactions werent under legal permision. So, they dont covered by protection of customer Paypal. And they ask me to find a solution with Ryan [removed] WTF??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geo91 

Why didn't you file a dispute for non receipt of item????? That company promised to send you something to promote and they didn't.

So once escalated to a claim if they failed to provide a tracking number to show delivery of an item to you then you would probably have been refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Geo91
Contributor
Contributor

From the first time everyone that contacted me to be the ambassador,  to sign the agreement and all emails were scam! Never Versace as brand sent me to promote their items...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geo91 

Of course it was a scam so again why didn't you open a dispute for non receipt of item !!! 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Geo91
Contributor
Contributor

Because Paypal closed the affair. and not released any refund!  I cant do anything more .

I cant submit again for this transition any report...And the guy that sent him the money, The scam email never replied again. I will try to send you attached the Paypal affair, Translated

Login to Me Too

Geo91
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.