What recourse do I have, paying with PAYPAL, when my parcel was stolen off my front stairs

madervp978
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased a laptop from Best Buy. Got notified that it was delivered with a picture of it sitting on my front stairs.

FOUR MINUTES after being notified I went downstairs and the laptop is gone!!!

Filing a police report, what recourse do I have with getting my money returned?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madervp978 

That would be between you and the courier that delivered the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

madervp978
Contributor
Contributor
The courier service is saying it’s not their responsibility!!!! A brand new laptop delivered to a condo’s front stairs, NOT IN the secured area where all other boxes are delivered!!! There is a picture from the courier showing the box ON THE TOP STAIR, and not inside the hallway. Getting the run around from both Best Buy and the courier service each saying their not responsible!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madervp978 

Do you have a small claims court or similar in your country? If so then tell the courier you either want a full refund or you will be seeing them in court as you have photo proof of delivery to the incorrect location?  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

madervp978
Contributor
Contributor
With a police report in hand and a call to someone who cared at the couriers, a total refund is now in the works through PayPal. Thank you for your help!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madervp978 

Well done you.  😃

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.