UPS FAKE TRACKING NUMBER

lightningx2
Contributor
Contributor
I recently opened a dispute with PayPal. I purchased a gold's home gym only to find out I was scammed. The issue is the seller is not the seller on the site. The seller is based in China. They never provided me any details about my order. When I disputed it, I was provided a tracking number from PayPal. The tracking number says it was delivered to my address. It wasn't. I never signed anything and my item was not 1.7lbs as stated on the tracking number. It was 300lbs. I'm totally freaking out. How do these scammers get tracking numbers and actually have my address on it so UPS says. I tried filing a claim with ups and they canceled it. Why? I'm still waiting for a response from PayPal. It doesn't look good at this point. Also it was shipped 10 minutes before I ordered it. Something isn't right. I'm ready to file a complaint with IC3.
Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

fliegenwulf

Had this happen to me. Ordered an item and never received it. PayPal initially denied the claim, since the vendor gave an altered UPS tracking number showing that a package was delivered in the same city.

I contacted UPS and and initiated a lost item claim and they send a notification that tracking number delivered an item to an address different than mine. I forwarded that letter to PayPal and they refunded the amount in few minutes. 

If this happens to others, please contact UPS first -  get the proof the item was delivered to a wrong address and use it to file a claim with PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

gcg5

Same thing happened to me. It was so elaborate I am dismayed.

I ordered a discounted record player on TVVOutlet.com on Jan 18, 2022. When I checked out, it sent me to a PayPal page to pay. After I paid, it said I had paid [removed] I then received a confirmation email from PayPal confirming I paid the above name. When I went back to TVVOutlet.com it said my cart was still full. I found the item link when searching on Google for a discounted version of it, but when I googled the actual website name I couldn't find it. I reported this as a scam to my bank on Jan 27 after receiving no order confirmation or shipment confirmation.

On Jan 31 (the same day my bank's dispute case officially opened), I received an email titled: "Case ID PP-R-MRK-450789312: We can't complete this investigation" from [removed]. I never opened a case with PayPal. Their email design is different than what PayPal actually uses. Also, instead of having the name "PayPal," the name that comes up is [removed]. I then realized I'd received a few other emails from [removed] since my purchase on Jan 18 promoting a $5 credit to spend at Burke Home Decor. It used the same email design as the Case ID and my original PayPal receipt. They are probably trying to add visual credibility to the emails.

Then today, Feb 1, I received an email from [removed] with subject line "More details on your shipment." It had the same design as all the previous emails. It provided a real UPS tracking number that claimed my package arrived almost a week ago on Jan 25. It showed my name and shipping address, plus a gibberish sounding item name. 

I messaged UPS, and they confirmed it was a real confirmation number and that the order was delivered. However, they said the name and address on the package did not match mine so they couldn't give me any more information. 

So...look out for [removed] in the name of your email, don't buy from TVVOutlet, don't pay through PayPal if an online store sends you offsite to pay, and if you did fall for their scam don't believe that the "investigation can't be completed."

Also, to get your money back I would recommend contacting your bank to file a fraud claim. Don't try to go through PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

MoustyShama
I think the scammer work with ups to be able to have that many tracking number , it's happen to me I contact ups and they send me back that the package wasn't deliver to my address and it was someone else tracking number , i give to PayPal and still after i showed them that was a scam they keep asking me to contact ups again and proof that the package wasn't received by me , so paypal more to support scammer than victim, they know it's scam but they don't care , all they care about that they take the buyer protection money and never protect us .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.