Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Yessssss! So glad to hear that you finally won! Sucks that you had to go to so mmuch time & trouble when they should’ve just refunded you from the beginning, but at least this shows other PayPal users that if they end up in the same position, they shouldn’t give up. Thanks for the update & again, congrats!!!
Login to Me Too

Kemperfant
New Community Member
The same thing happened to me. I check my online banking app everyday. I have the same monthly subscriptions every month like clockwork. Then one day I see ach withdraw storm media limited. I knew for a fact that I didn’t make this purchase. I googled it and it turns out, it’s a major scam. I have notified my bank and I am waiting for them to respond. I don’t know how they were able to make this withdraw or who is behind it. That’s the beauty of online banking. You get to see all transactions in real time.
Login to Me Too

Dida56
Contributor
Contributor
I was charged 31.67. I didn't order anything.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Was this recent? Did you contact PayPal directly? Or your bank?
Login to Me Too

ccrn59
Contributor
Contributor

I dealt with Paypal for months, wouldn't refund my money, opened a case that took months to conclude I would get my money back when i returned the 18.00 wrong item that i received to China. Would have cost me at least 40.00 without tracking. My bank couldn't return the money either. So many complaints about this company but Paypal does nothing about it. Wasn't ever about the money, just that this company is allowed to continue to rip people off.

Login to Me Too

ccrn59
Contributor
Contributor

Hope you got your money back, that wasn't the case for me

Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
How long ago was this? There have been cases where PayPal has reversed its decision when presented with the BBB reports & warnings and the multiple complaints listed in this forum. The “return to China” expense is RIDICULOUS when Storm Media operates as a US based company (under a fake address.)
Login to Me Too

ccrn59
Contributor
Contributor
I think it was October or November. I even went that route but they didn’t care. The item I ordered supposedly came from California but of course I couldn’t return it there. I’ve accepted defeat and will not get fooled again! 😀
Login to Me Too

Marlav1
Contributor
Contributor

I made the mistake of ordering a High Pressure Washer from Gadgets Group. The same day an order was placed (without my authorization) from Whistland for StainOut All-in-1 Bubble Cleaner x 2. The costs for each item was very similar and I didn't recognize this seller. I received an e-mail from Littleplayland Limited for this same Bubble Cleaner with a charge for $35.93 to my account for this item. I received an e-mail from them thanking me for my order but ignored it because I didn't recognize the seller and didn't order anything from them. When this "Bubble Cleaner" arrived it was 2 bottles of this cleaner with no paperwork included. The return address was "will will <removed> Rosemead, CA <removed>".  I had no idea how it was authorized or deducted from my account. I disputed this claim with Paypal but they quickly sided with the seller and closed my dispute. I think Storm Media, Littleplayland and Whistland are all connected and a scam. Why doesn't Palpal allow a user to block any future transactions from a suspicious company? I dont' want this happening again. It is a complete scam. There is Chinese writing on the label on the cleaner. This transaction was not approved my me.

Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Was this recently that PayPal closed the dispute? There have been cases that were in fact reversed even after being closed. If this was within the last 6-12 months, you may be able to appeal. Did you dispute it with your credit card company too?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.