Someone please help me.

8120min
Contributor
Contributor

I am a Japanese living in Japan. The other day, I used PayPal to transfer tickets to foreigners. However, when I was asked to pay for the ticket, it was locked because it was not a business account. I received an email from PayPal saying that I need to pay an additional deposit to unlock it. He paid the deposit instead of me, so I was asked to refund the deposit. I had no choice but to refund the deposit, but the email I received was not from PayPal, but a fake email. The person told me to send money between individuals, so I sent money between individuals, and now I am unable to receive PayPal support. Do I have no choice but to give up the money like this? Is there any solution? Please help me. (I'm sorry. I use a translator.)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@8120min 

SCAM.
You never pay any upfront fee as a seller or to receive payments.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade to a business account/or any other reason to accept a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds especially via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Also............

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his Paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute (apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction), which would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

8120min
Contributor
Contributor
I found out why the swindler was particular about sending money between individuals after being deceived. Unfortunately, I can't stop sending money because I withdrew it from my bank account. Thank you for your reply.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.