Scammer Child

HamedAl101
New Community Member
A buyer requested a refund for an intangible item despite its delivery (the product is an in-game feature) and proof of sending the product was provided, and he canceled the complaint several times And now I found that he was talking about me on a digital platform for communication (Discord), and he published a picture of his dealings with me and accused me of fraud? After searching for him and talking to him on Discord and WhatsApp, I found that he is a child under 13 years old (I do not want to put his real age) and he is a minor in his country. Do I have to file a complaint because he is a minor and in violation of the terms of PayPal in his country? I also demand compensation from PayPal against him for The damages resulting from publishing my name and data to the public, or should I go to the judicial mint in my country?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HamedAl101 

If someone opens a paypal account with a fake date of birth then until they start receiving funds and paypal needs to verify them and request proof of i.d. etc then not sure how paypal are supposed to know they are underage.

However if you want to report a minor account then go to the acceptable use policy via legal bottom right of this page and use the 'report' link to let paypal know they are underage.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.