Permanent Account Limit

ElectronicsGuy9
New Community Member
We had a large payment received via our website which is all PayPal payment gateway, which we personally thought was strange. We escalated to paypal via live chat so they could check it to be 100% as we didn't want unnecessary chargebacks etc. The response from PayPal was: Upon checking the account, I see that on Jan 1st you received a payment "transaction ID from "Customer Name" for £10,000+ shows pending. The shipping address provided on this payment shows as ‘’customer address''. The email address ‘’customer email''. Hence you can go ahead and ship the items to this address which is provided on the payment and not to any other address. 1 day later. PayPal permanently limits the account and freezes all funds for 180 days, after telling us to process the order.... because we raised a concern? I have provided months worth of transactions/invoices along with ID, major global brands that list us as a seller of their products, these companies are multi billion dollar businesses that we have worked on for years. However, we did not process this order for the customer and were going to refund the funds back to them after adding in a few of our own security measures regarding who can payments and how much. Our customer now has no products and their 5-figure payment is now held by PayPal for 180 days. I understand that personally we don't have those funds to refund as they are on hold, but for our customer, this must be exceptionally frustrating that that amount of funds cant be returned? How can that payment from them be refunded at all? The account limitation isn't an issue, horror stories all over the internet of this and not releasing funds even after 180 days anyway. Just the customer being able to receive funds is the important matter. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElectronicsGuy9 

You should still be able to issue refunds even if your account is limited.

If you find you can't then contact customer services and they will do it for you OR your buyer can open a dispute for non receipt which you do not challenge and they should get auto refunded once they win the claim.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.