PayPal won’t refund me for papaya gaming

jessmk93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so PayPal refuses to help me because even though they did not inform me that they were pulling from my bank account when I tried using my card, because I clicked the button I’m at fault. The game I paid is basically shady and I really need the money back but no one is helping on either end. Anyone have any advice? I have called several times and they say that they can’t do anything to help me, even though I’m not satisfied with my purchase or the whole situation at hand. Anyone else have this problem?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Dtowne2
Contributor
Contributor
I would like the same info paypal said no for a refund
Login to Me Too

FAIRCHILDSTYLE
Contributor
Contributor

I don't remember their email address. Just Google to look up their contact information and locate any social media they have. 

Login to Me Too

Peb671
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get your money back? I'm in the same boat. They have wiped out 2 back accounts that I had tied to my PayPal account and PayPal is doing nothing about it.
Login to Me Too

Dtowne2
Contributor
Contributor

Dtowne2
Contributor
Contributor
How can they wipe out your bank account did you continue to play the games?
Login to Me Too

Peb671
Contributor
Contributor

I played for 4 days, during which time I wasn't checking my bank account because it never occurred to me this was happening. I logged into my bank a few days after I'd uninstalled the game and saw the charges. When I went to change my payroll info to have my deposit go to my other bank, that's when I saw that one was sitting at -$445. 

Login to Me Too

Peb671
Contributor
Contributor

**UPDATE TO MY ISSUE**

After calling Paypal every day for the past week. I have gotten a letter from them to give to one of my banks that let's them know that the charges were fraudulent and I can recoup my $448 in Insufficient funds fees. They have closed 12 of my 15 cases and have refunded most of the money back for my other bank. I still have 3 open cases for the amount of $275, but Paypal is making good on all of the fraudulent charges, thankfully, because Papaya Gaming has not responded to any of the 7 emails I sent them on all of their email accounts I could find on Google or on their "message center" on their website.

Login to Me Too

Peb671
Contributor
Contributor

Here are the photos from my Paypal account this morning.Refund #1 Screenshot 2023-08-03 104138.pngRefund #2 Screenshot 2023-08-03 104213.pngRefund #3 Screenshot 2023-08-03 104240.png

Login to Me Too

GamingScam
Same here. They make it seem like they are sending you money, then you discover they are taking your money. Clever scam.
Login to Me Too

ggcookie12
New Community Member

SO I have to call them constantly for a week? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.