PayPal account falsely banned

alex8920
Contributor
Contributor

Age old story isn't it! You guys have probably seen loads of posts like this.. So here's the thing.

I had my friend send me 0.01 EUR. When I tried to refund him, it asked me to load 0.01 EUR in my account to pay him back. But it wasn't even letting me link my bank account to do that. So then later, I thought why should I pay the fees if PayPal was the one who took all the money?

I contacted support and asked them to refund their fee as I didn't even receive the 0.01 EUR due to fees, and explained as to why I'm expected to give the refund and not them. So, the agent replied.

Good news: He was refunded!
Bad news: PayPal banned my account right after 😂

we5Sae9

Not even just me, my friend's account was ALSO banned 😂😂😂 I don't even know why (For the record, we were both using newly made accounts.)
So he lost the like 5 euros in his account? Not that big of a deal but still, it just goes to show how trash PayPal's automated systems are. 

I contacted PayPal's "executive office" email because someone on Reddit said they managed to get their account unbanned that way explaining my situation and they told me they'd "look into it". 

This is the reply I got from them, "We understand that you would like to be informed on the status of your limitation. We are currently in the process of reviewing your account and your submitted documentation. Please allow 3-5 days for your request to be processed. Your patience and cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated." Haven't heard back since though unfortunately, guess too many people tried.

Saddest part of the whole situation is, I'm now stuck with this business card I ordered which I can't even use. Admittedly it does look cool tho

GY4HOdV

And the card which I linked on my account can now no longer even be linked to my personal account lol 😞

I'm hoping someone at PayPal can take a second look at my case. Was looking forward to using PayPal with this new card.. stuck with using my personal account for business now. Thank you guys

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.