New login to PayPal email

jsolutions
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I keep receiving an email from PayPal saying "New login to PayPal - We noticed a new login with your PayPal account... Firefox OS X".  I don't use Firefox, so I quickly login to PayPal and change my password.

Over this last 3 weeks this has continued to happen, 3 times now?  Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Smurfie
Contributor
Contributor

Don't click that link that I purposely broke when writing it, but PayPal linked it. See what we're working with? Computers with their own agendas. 😄

Login to Me Too

RocSubway
I believe this occurs when 3rd-party apps connect to your PayPal account (such as Mint, Quickbooks, Personal Capital, etc.) to download your transactions. This happens to me every time I use my Personal Capital app to track my bank accounts. These 3rd-party apps sometimes have direct connections to the banks, but in other cases they have to log in and access the bank website in the same way a person would. PayPal probably needs to update their API or connection method.
Login to Me Too

bradb2

Same issue. I can confirm that Quicken is using Firefox to connect to Paypal. I get an email immediately from Paypal after updating Quicken (when all devices are cleared).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.