LIMITED ACCOUNT AND CANT WITHDRAW

catherine0203
Contributor
Contributor

My account is limited, and my PayPal funds are eligible for withdrawalI. But my credit card is already expired, and  I can't update my credit card.

Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

brnpe63
New Community Member

Hello.

I have same problem, but now if account limited you can't send messege to paypal via center, it show error.

We're sorry, this page is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

Dear paypal, if you can't accept messege from customers, then reply here :
Can't update my card, can't link bank account, can't link new card
Reference ID: PP-L-395475932451
Thank you

Login to Me Too

Shclavus
New Community Member
I also have this problem. I tried to convert the money to send to my local currency but it's not even giving me that option
Login to Me Too

Rjuarez08
Contributor
Contributor
I have learned that if your mailing address and physical address are different from your ID that you uploaded to verify your identity is different from your bank account/s PayPal will limit your usage until you call to verify. PayPal is super strict, at the beginning of signing up with PayPal it states to make sure the address from your ID, DL, PASSPORT, and or social all match Names, and addresses. I learned this the hard way and if you update your phone number or change your address and update it on PayPal that alone will restrict you they say give it 7-10 business days for PayPal to verify, also if PayPal sees your activity isn't consistent it will also limit you. And if you change your address on PayPal it will automatically cancel your PayPal debit card for security purposes. Like I said I learned the hard way!! I changed my address on PayPal THINKING I was doing a good thing and my card got cancelled and till this day I can not order a new one and all I hear is I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but you can still use PayPal by using a prepaid debit card from PayPal or upload one of your bank cards to PayPal for transactions no problem!! TF yes it is a problem! Geezus , but yeah I hope this helps and if not then I at least vented! Lol
Login to Me Too

Rjuarez08
Contributor
Contributor
Have you tried adding the new updated card first before you try deleting the expired one? Remember everything is linked to the expired card as your primary card, the address, phone number etc. I've learned I've had to upload the new card and make the new card primary for everything just transfer the details and refresh your screen then make sure the new card is now set as your primary and the expired card isn't linked to your address, phone number and so on then you'll be able to delete the expired card. Hope this helps!!
Login to Me Too

catherine0203
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Rjuarez08 . Thanks for the information, but I don't think that happens to me. Because when I want to update the card, it always says

"We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later."

I can't contact Customer Support Agents, either via application or Paypal.com.

Can anyone help me with this situation?

Login to Me Too

Rjuarez08
Contributor
Contributor
How do I update my credit or debit card on PayPal? Here’s how to update your card details: Go to your Wallet. Click the card you want to update. Click Update card and enter the new information. To update your card information on the app: Tap image Wallet. Select the card that needs to be updated and tap Edit. A few things to keep in mind: If your card is eligible for automatic update with PayPal, we may update the new expiry or card number when they change. We may also remove a card on your behalf if it becomes unusable or has been closed. When you update the expiry or card number, any automatic payments associated with the old card will be migrated to the new card.
Login to Me Too

Rjuarez08
Contributor
Contributor
Why can’t I link my credit or debit card to my PayPal account? If you receive an error message when trying to link your card to your PayPal account, here are some possible reasons and solutions: Different billing address The billing address you've entered when linking a card to your PayPal account is different than the one on your card statement. As a security measure, you need to enter your billing address exactly as it appears on your card statement. What to do: Check your card statement to ensure both addresses match. If you're sure you've entered the information correctly, contact the card issuer. Sometimes the information may take longer to be updated after a recent move. Authorisation charge declined When you link a new card to your PayPal account, we send a $1 USD (or currency equivalent) authorisation charge to your card issuer to ensure the card is active. Your card issuer declined this charge. What to do: Contact your card issuer to find out why the authorisation from PayPal was rejected. After they correct the problem, you may try to add your card again. Limit of cards in account reached You have added the maximum number of cards allowed on a single PayPal account. What to do: Remove at least one card from your account. You can link 4 cards to your unverified PayPal account. When your account is verified, you can link up to 24 cards. Card linked to another PayPal account A card can only be linked to 1 PayPal account at a time. What to do: You'll be able to add your card to another PayPal account once you've removed it from the account it's currently linked to. If your card is linked to an older PayPal account you no longer use, consider closing your newer account and using the older one. If you believe your card was stolen and linked to another PayPal account without your knowledge, please contact us and your bank immediately. Wrong CVV code You linked your card to your PayPal account but entered the card security code (CVV) incorrectly 3 times.
Login to Me Too

catherine0203
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I tried to update the card with the address that same with my billing address, but it still can't be updated. I tried to input a new card and link a bank account, also can't. Here's attached the information. Hope you can help.

Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 08.53.23.pngScreen Shot 2024-03-18 at 08.52.43.pngScreen Shot 2024-03-18 at 09.02.51.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @catherine0203 @brnpe63 and @Rjuarez08 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Help Community!

I am sorry to hear that you're not able to add your card to withdraw your funds from your PayPal account. You cannot make any changes in an limited account. You have to contact the Support Team to get your card linked in your account to initate the withdrawal. I recommend you to try to contact the team from the listed options in this article during business hours.

Hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.