JPMC RE PAYPAL

Bjmackay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I've just noticed a dd payment on my bank statement listed as jpmc re PayPal could you please clarify what this is as it doesn't show on my PayPal account. Thank you

Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

A44B
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your response, much appreciated.  My issue is mainly the company claiming is LinkedIn Ireland, I have never requested premium membership and I live in England.  My bank is investigating as all of the amounts are different.  They can range between £2.50 - £120, these are random, last June they took 3 payments in June, 15th, 16th & 17th all were different amounts.  My bank can also confirm that I apparently transferred 1K into my PayPal wallet, there is no record of it with PayPal on my account, again I would not transfer money into PayPal, it is pointless for me to do that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@A44B 

If their is a transaction of 1K transferred 'to' a paypal account but not showing in yours then that sounds more like you got your debit card hacked. 

As for the other company check here >>>

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sharon603
Happened to me too..!!!! Noticed it today. Called my bank, who said I have to go through PayPal as they couldnt tell me who JPMC was??? Neither by the way could PayPal?? Ron just reassured me that no payments had left my account. All very odd, as it seems there so many other people all having the same problem!!!
Login to Me Too

Dimpz
Contributor
Contributor

I have just had £58 taken from my account  Direct debit JPMC RE PAYPAL

I don't even know who this company is and have not set up a recent direct debit.

My bank is investigating but they have advised me to contact Paypal who are proving hard to get hold of via phone.

This is every frustrating!!!

Login to Me Too

PWing57
Contributor
Contributor

Im having same problem with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

HaichBee
Contributor
Contributor
For me, JPMC appears on my bank statement/app but the amount correspond exactly with charges from using Uber... on the PayPal app it also shows as Uber. But I think its fulfilled by J P Morgan which means it could be any company that has its payments fulfilled by them.
Login to Me Too

redders9000

JPMC is the Morgan Chase Bank. When you pay for anything by PayPal it comes up on your bank statement from your PayPal account. It used to say PayPal Payment but now seems to say JPMC re PayPal. The 3 items on my current bank statement are ALL PayPal payments which are on my PayPal account for things I have bought online. When you set up a PayPal account you agree to a Direct Debit linked to your bank account - how else are sellers going to get paid unless the money comes from your bank account?

Login to Me Too

Sharon603
Hi, I've had exactly this problem AND with this same company??? Says DD is 14.99 per month and was set up Feb 2019????? I have NEVER set up a DD with this company (JPMC RE PAYPAL) My bank has assured me that no payments have been taken, ever. This is all very odd. To clarify, as of today I have been online and DELETED the DD that is showing as pending on 30th August! C'mon PayPal- what's happening here? It seems hundreds of customers are experiencing this issue? Sort it out!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharon603 

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make. 
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

If you have cancelled the direct debit then you will no longer be able to use your bank account as a funding source with paypal.

There is nothing to fix, I have the same DD on my online banking and if I use my bank account as a funding source the payment showing changes to the amount of the seller that I have just paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fadinlikearose7
New Community Member
This has happened to me today too for £4.49. I haven't set up any direct debits through paypal either.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.