I can't resolve a temporary restriction on my account

Frankie500
Contributor
Contributor

Several weeks ago I found that my business account has a temporary restriction imposed on it. Under the Notifications in my Dashboard, it says, "We need more information to resolve a problem with your account."

When I click on "See Details" it says "We need you to take action on your account. Access to some features in your account will be limited until you've completed the required tasks and provided the information we've requested. We'll remove the limitation after we've reviewed the information you provide. Reference ID: PP-010-158-298-781"

Then it says "Confirm Information", and I click on the "Resolve" button next to it.

That takes me to a page that says "Thank you for providing the required information. We'll get back to you in 7 business days." I did that weeks ago and heard nothing since, which is not surprising since I didn't actually submit any info.

No matter what I do - go to the Help page, message for help, etc., I get put into this same loop. I get sent to the Resolution Center which tells me I need to do some tasks, click on resolve and it says thanks, we'll get back to you in 7 business days. Click on "Confirm your ID link, same thing - thanks, we'll get back to you in 7 business days.

I can't seem to contact PayPal directly about this, and everything I try in my account just puts me in this loop that doesn't work.

I haven't made any suspicious purchases, haven't sold anything, last purchase was mid August for a domain name.

I hope someone can help me figure this out, thanks.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Frankie500

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble. 

This is a known issue. Our team is working hard to resolve this as soon as possible. Please reach out to our customer support team for assistance. You can also reach us on Twitter or Facebook

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Frankie500
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tricia,

Thanks very much for your reply.

So should I just wait in that case for the issue to be resolved, or I need something done to my account to get it going again?

Login to Me Too

Monroei
Contributor
Contributor
I don't think my account will be limited..I linked the card and then temporary limited showed up ... I'm asking for help to get rid of URGENT in my account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Megan

Hi @Monroei,

Thanks for being part of the PayPal Community.

When an account is limited, there are certain steps that need to be completed to resolve your limitation. You will want to visit your Resolution Center for the details on what needs to be provided. Once you complete the necessary steps, your limitation will be reviewed.

I hope this helps!

-Megan S.

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

robertjohn30
Contributor
Contributor
kindly check my restriction as i provided the documents that was asking on me
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @robertjohn30,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to know about the account limitation. In general, when you upload the documents, it takes a week or so to confirm and complete the process. You will be notified via email once completed. If it's been many days, kindly reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly.

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.