How to verify the item sent was "as described"?

flyguy47
New Community Member

I recently agreed to sell an item to someone who "supposedly" sent funds to my account. I was asked for my email address, which I provided. I did not send any invoice and I received a confirmation of payment from the above email address. Paypal listed a different "confirmed" name and address different from the buyer's name. If I take the item to a shipping/packing center and they give me a tracking number etc., what is to prevent the payee from claiming they received something like an empty box or a box filled with newspaper? How do I prove that I did, indeed, send the item requested. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi flyguy47, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

When you purchase a tracked delivery service, the item is weighted, and the weight of the item is evident on the postage slip. This can assist in the event of an item not described claim. For more information on the Seller Protection Policy, please review this link -  https://bit.ly/2W22sgn

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.