Hacked PayPal account, how to cancel transaction?

GeorgeKO
New Community Member

Hi,

Someone hacked my PayPal account and purchased items online. I reported the transaction, but the Resolution center rejected it automatically in a couple of minutes... and now I can't contact anyone from Customer Support... what do you advise me to do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mgirdany
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck they keep blocking me from closing my account. Go to you main

page by using the asterisk in the upper right corner of your account page.

This opens to your demographics. Scroll to the bottom left hand side and there

you will find a close account option.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @GeorgeKO,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized charges and I know this is concerning, I'm here to help. I would firstly advise you to re-secure your account by changing the password and security questions. Please be informed that some payments can be canceled while others cannot. You may only cancel a payment in your 'Pending' payments which shows as Unclaimed, meaning it hasn’t reached the intended recipient. These payments are displayed with a ‘Cancel’ button alongside. You won't be able to cancel a pending payment that doesn't have a "Cancel" link and completed transactions cannot be canceled/reversed.

Since you've already tried to report the charges but were rejected/closed, you may try to appeal the charges by following the steps in this link. If not, please reach out to our customer support through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can help with the best possible option to have this sorted. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

Good Luck,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.