Friend and family scammed

Hurtain
Contributor
Contributor

So i tried to buy an online item,and the Seller insisted to do it in F&F we did It and i got scammed 100€,the thing is i did It through my debit card,is there a way i can get this money refunded somehow or just deal with It? I Heard a guy got money refunded from bank but dont know how.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

ALEXANDRBOG
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, I too have fallen victim to scams involving 'family and friend' transfers. While I understand that these types of transactions lack buyer protection, it's disheartening to see PayPal being misused by scammers. I propose that PayPal introduces an added feature in their issue reporting section. This would include an option such as 'Report a scam for this transaction.' My intention isn't to get a refund, but rather to alert PayPal about potential fraudulent activities associated with a specific account. If implemented, PayPal could display a warning for future transactions, like 'Caution: This account has been flagged for suspicious activity.' This would serve as a critical reminder for users to reconsider and verify before proceeding with their transaction.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ALEXANDRBOG 

Thanks for posting your question in the PayPal Help Community and welcome!

I understand that you're looking to report the fraudulent activity associated with a specific account to PayPal. For the safety and security of the network, PayPal cannot provide account specific information about the merchant especially in the events of false reports. PayPal always encourages the customers to report any any violations of the Acceptable Use Policy immediately. Here's the article with the information about PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy and how to submit a report about an activity found to be violating our policies.

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ALEXANDRBOG
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_Bindu , I am sorry to inform you that the proposed form does not offer an option to upload evidence regarding fraudulent activity associated with a particular account. As a result, it is impossible to confirm the authenticity of the report. Therefore, I believe PayPal may not respond to this request as it can be time-consuming to investigate each case and ensure the safety of all PayPal users.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.