Fraudulent GrubHub Seamless Charge

epicanthus
Contributor
Contributor

This evening I was charged $99.49 for a GrubHub Seamless charge from San Francisco (I live in Colorado). I went to Paypal's Resolution Center to dispute it and was notified that, "We're sorry, you can't file a case on this type of transaction." Anyone else have this issue or know what to do? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

jvanfleteren
Contributor
Contributor

This also happened to me. I was charged 45 dollars to some location in NY. I got an email as soon as the order had come through the person using my account changed the address and my phone number. I reported the charge as fraudulent as soon as it was charged and was still "pending" from both paypal and Grubhub. I called the location the food was ordered from even. Paypal first acknowledged the pending charge was fraudulent, but once the charge was posted they then claimed the opposite. I fought the charge with grubhub but due to the fact that Grubhub deleted my account information with Paypal to "protect my account" from future charges, they could no longer give me a refund and had to go to Paypal which has already refused to fight the claim or allow me to repeal it. I will either be closing out my PayPal account completely if it's not addressed. There are enough people this is happening to prove there is a lack of consumer protection from Paypal and Grubhub and definitely feels like negligence. 

Login to Me Too

morecia2004
New Community Member

I received an email from PayPal that contained information of a transaction that I DID NOT make. This is NOT a legitimate transaction and contains information that is not for the actual company ' Grub Hub', they are listed on this invoice from PayPal as GrubHub Seamless. I went to the actual GrubHub website and the email contact shown is listed as " [removed]" email included an underscore ( _ ) between help and me; however, this email in the PayPal receipt  does not include that underscore. The phone number is also not as shown on the company's website. I have reviewed a few forums for PayPal and have seen a few compliments from this very same fraudulent company and it was reported that PayPal is aware. 

There is no transaction sent or received to GrubHub on my account and I had already called to speak with GrubHub and they too have no transaction history for this charge. I accessed my PayPal account and have removed my associated cards and as much personal information as possible BUT I happen to notice that even the last few digits of my SSN was listed, PAYPAL WHY? I do not do personal business through or with Paypal so this information should NOT be listed... Please if someone, anyone can share how to remove that data and to get my funds back into my account from this fraudulent company 'GrubHub Seamless for PayPal is not listing the transaction as one I can dispute. It is very unfortunate that PayPal is not able to distinguish suspicious and fraudulent company accounts in order to better avoid these types of transactions from even posting to the customer's account.  As disheartening as this is, any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.