Dispute

Janozzyhutch_24
Contributor
Contributor
I raised a dispute with PayPal regarding an item I bought off ebay. The seller stopped responding after I'd sent back the faulty to the seller. I cannot find my postage receipt so I'm assuming I won't get my refund 😒 is there any way round this? My son is so upset as it was a Christmas present and he's now lost out on it. I was more than happy to accept a replacement which is what the seller said he'd do when I sent the faulty item back. I've been conned and it isn't fair.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janozzyhutch_24 

Why didn't you open an Ebay dispute for item received but not as described, then ebay would have made the seller provide a shipping label for the return?

OR were you too late (30 days) to open an Ebay dispute?

If so then which Paypal dispute did you open?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Did you win?

Did paypal tell you to return the item with tracking?

Did you provide that tracking number to paypal?

Does tracking show delivery of the item back to the seller? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Janozzyhutch_24
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thank you for your response. I did open a dispute with eBay but the seller had stopped responding therefore I was getting nowhere and seemed to be sitting around waiting for nothing. So I decided yo go down the PayPal route. PayPal awarded me a full refund but I have yo provide proof that I sent the faulty item back to the sender, which I did before I even opened the dispute. But unfortunately I have misplaced the postage receipt and now I have no faulty item and I'm out of pocket for the postage as well as the new item that the seller should've sent me. I'm fed up and no longer have any trust jn ebay or PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janozzyhutch_24 

If you request a 'return' on ebay then you have to wait for the seller to respond BUT if you scroll down and click on 'more' then there are more options including item not as described. If you clicked on that you would immediately have got a return prepaid postage label to return the item for a refund.

As you didn't and went to paypal then paypal always tell you to return trackable for a full refund, so if you didn't send trackable or lost the tracking number then sadly you can't prove delivery of the item back to the seller.

Sorry but you seem to have made the mistakes here and not Ebay or Paypal, I wish you had asked for advice first on Ebays forum before filing the first dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.