Comprised Cash App account with PayPal debit card linked

ABPG
New Community Member
I have a Cash App account that had my PayPal debit card linked to it. It was compromised without my knowledge. I used it to send money to friends or family that did not have PayPal. It was brought to my attention last month that my PayPal debit card was being used to add money to the account, and immediately purchased BTC. I first reported it to Cash App but they told me I needed to go to my debit card holder. I tried to dispute the transactions only to be told I took advantage of their dispute or resolution center. I did not authorize those transactions! All I have done is use it to directly send money to a family or friend. I was able to track down this person BTC wallet, but I can not do anything about it. I am not permanently banned from PayPal. I lost a few thousands. It is not fair. I already know I have had my identity compromised in the past with my SSN. I have to go to social security and see if I can get a hearing with a judge because I have noticed attempts to open credit card accounts. End of January I was in a bad car accident where it took me weeks to regain most of my memory. I did have to get a new phone due to mine getting lost in that car accident. I learned the hard way about 2FA also. Is there a way for me to appeal their decision? Out of all the transactions I confirmed I did not authorize,PayPal ruled in my favor over a $1 transaction that was in the same day as other transactions they said were authorized. I am on short term disability and not waiting for a extension on it right now and that money was to help me out until I get my next deposit. Please someone help me. Do I have to call the bank who manages the PayPal debit card? I also noticed I received a new card in the mail from PayPal. Then another one after. Why would they send me a new card if they banned me from using PayPal ever again?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jaim1
Contributor
Contributor
Try to contact PayPal, do it urgently.
Login to Me Too

ArtemiiKuzmiche
Contributor
Contributor

How to contact them?

Login to Me Too

alex8920
Contributor
Contributor

Poor you man 😭 the US has a serious fraud problem ngl and no ones doing anything about it. Especially what you mentioned with SSNs etc, there should be some easy way to get a new SSN if your identity gets stolen. But instead max you can do is freeze your credit? Instead of a solution its just an inconvenience. I'm lucky not to live in the US 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.