Chargeback from bank to Paypal

deckyeire
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I purchased an item and used the Paypal checkout option in which my Visa card was linked too.

The product turned out to be defective.

In the meantime my banking institutioin closed down hence closing my account and my visa card.

I recevied a refund from the product vendor which was directed to paypal

Paypal directed this to my bank account (now closed)

The company now in charge of my old bank confirmed that the funds where returned / chargedback to Paypal.

Paypal will not help in finding these funds.

The bank has confirmed the money no longer with them it is with Paypal

I have rung paypal multiple times and they simply do not understand what I am trying to get to they confirm that the refund was successful but will not look for the money since charged back.

Can somebody advise?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Thank you @kernowlass for your help getting a resolution started on this thread. We appreciate your time!

Hello @deckyeire, welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent refund going back to your bank. Thank you for providing that additional information. I'd recommend reaching out to PayPal's Customer Service to see if the option to trace the refund is available. If it is not, we'd recommend continuing to work with your bank for further assistance.  

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deckyeire 

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deckyeire
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass thank you for the reply, so when you say card issues do you mean the issuing bank or VISA.

The bank is closed and left the country therefore the bank account is closed.

The related visa card is gone, expired and cancelled.

Because of this the bank (now closed) have a  parent company handling queries. They advised that they sent this money back to paypal.

Paypal however will not accept this and wont try and retrieve it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Thank you @kernowlass for your help getting a resolution started on this thread. We appreciate your time!

Hello @deckyeire, welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent refund going back to your bank. Thank you for providing that additional information. I'd recommend reaching out to PayPal's Customer Service to see if the option to trace the refund is available. If it is not, we'd recommend continuing to work with your bank for further assistance.  

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.