Buyer Filing Dispute as "Not Delivered" -- They Actually Want to Refuse Package for a Refund

NT-Hobbies
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone, 

So a buyer recently (12/15) opened a dispute with a transaction. This is for an international delivery, which I assume makes it tricker. 

For context: I shipped this package to Spain. The buyer, however, is upset with the order and has written to UPS that he will refuse the package and wants it to be returned to me (the sender). The buyer is at least playing to be upset that they have to pay customs fees, even though I extensively communicated with them that the item would have fees due to it's price. I am asking the buyer to wait for the package to be returned and delivered to me before I give a refund. However, the buyer is insisting for me to refund them this instant (which I believe would be a very foolish thing for me to do). I have contacted UPS recently and was told the package was still in transit to the customer. 

I am mainly concerned that PayPal for whatever reason will side with the buyer if this dispute were to be escalated before I could get a possible return back. I am currently waiting for a response from PayPal's customer service on this issue. 

Would anyone have any advice or comments on this issue who have experienced something similar? If it is returned or refused, I am assuming I would also to have pay the return postage? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.