An unauthorized reccuring payment was set up on my paypal by someone named dereckchambliss

factore
Contributor
Contributor

I woke up to several emails that were sent during the night by paypal saying I set up an automatic payment profile with this loser, then several saying my automatic payment to him could not be completed....this was all while I was sleeping.

So this thief tried 3 times to get my money and the transactions were reversed

Then...while I'm actually online looking at my paypal account in the morning a recurring automatic payment pops up for 169.92 and paypal lets it through.

So I immediately cancelled the recurring payments, changed my password and disputed the charge.

Then I get a response from paypal that its NOT unauthorized!!!? How am I suppposed to prove that I didnt do something when I don't even know what the premise for the charge even is.

How is this possible...the email address of the thief returns sent mail as undelivered, its just a random name not a company thats charging my account, no business id, but its some how vaild?

My CC already reversed the first 3 charges, the 4 that they let through tried to take from my bank a/c. I called them and had it stopped

Sorry but after this is resolved I'm deleting my paypal account, their system for idenitfying fraud is clearly flawed.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@factore 

Contact customer services requesting an in-depth investigation by a human:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

freeze206
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me. Same exact acount. Let me know what resolved it. I wonder if we used the same merchant at any point or live in the same area where it might have occured. I also checked my recent logins and had one from an unrecognized Windows 8 machine. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.