$200 voucher as fee for transaction

queenmio
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Someone wanted to give me a lot of money via my “paypalme” link. Took a screenshot of it. In the screenshot it was written that the amount of money is pending to my account, but to complete a voucher of the amount of $200 was necessary as transaction fee. Is this a real thing? Or is the person a scammer that added that manually on the screenshot?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi queenmio, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

PayPal will not ask you to purchase a voucher in order to receive funds on your account. This is a known phishing issue, and please do not proceed with the sale. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Indrapj
Contributor
Contributor

Natalhruba
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Did you find out if it was real or a fake? Some guy from Germany also offered it to me and he wants to pay the voucher fee for $100 after me. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Natalhruba,

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Forum and making your first post. I'm sorry to learn that there is any confusion with the above information. PayPal does not charge a voucher fee. If a person is discussing a separate voucher fee, the payment is almost definitely not legitimate. If they are talking about paying your automatically assessed fees for receiving a Goods and Services payment, be cautious and identify any other risk factors about the transaction. Remember that fraudsters may try to trick you into thinking that you have received a payment when you have not.

There are several fraud trends that are outlined in this US Help Center article. It's very helpful in identifying various types of well-known fraud. Take note however, that it is not an exhaustive list. Listening to your gut is often the best way to protect yourself. If it seems too good to be true, it very often is.

I hope this information helps you to stay protected! Be safe and good luck!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Viftheend
Contributor
Contributor
Some german sugar daddy said he send me 8000e but i need to pay 200 at first 🤡some bitcoin voucher
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.