unauthorized transactions

Temp20211004n
Contributor
Contributor

After having this account for 5+ years with no incidents someone figured a way to make multiple unauthorized transactions this month. Fortunately I was taking a look at bank account noticing $3,000+ missing and several Paypal transactions. Logged into Paypal immediately and it reflected a balance somewhat less than the unauthorized activity and immediately reported all transactions from this month. Some were refunds from Best Buy gift card purchases that I didn't make which seems odd. I was required to change password after reporting unauthorized activity which makes sense but I also noted the security code sent to my email never arrived so had to change for it to be sent as text to phone. I find this curious because I never received any email notification for any of these transactions even though in my settings I'm set up to receive email notification. How could that be accomplished by whomever is doing these transactions without compromising my Google email account?  Upon checking I'm receiving at least some emails so doubtful email compromised. I would have caught on to this much quicker had email notification of transactions been sent and received. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.