"Charged" twice for ebay purchase.

PawNewman
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on ebay and was "charged" twice for it. I didn't purchase 2 of the same item. There was only 1 unique item that I purchased.
I used a paypal cash card and an ebay coupon I had left over which had $0.64 on it.

-----

UPDATE: This issue has been resolved. They said it was a glitch with ebay.

If anyone is having issues. Call paypal. Don't bother using their chat system. Make sure they send you over to someone at financials. They resolved my issue within around 10minutes or so. Take care.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PawNewman
Contributor
Contributor

This happened again to me today.
Had $227.02 in my paypal account and made a purchase for $137.15 on ebay.
I then get charged again and it takes out $89.87 from the rest of my paypal account(dropping me to $0.00) and $47.28 from my bank.

Then it takes me around 2 hours of dealing with multiple customer service people to get it taken care of, but it kept the transaction of $89.87 and the deduction from my bank as the active charge. If I wanted to pay with my bank I would have done this to begin with.

What's worse is I told them it has happened to me before and it's like they didn't believe me. Kept trying to send me to ebay.

Not happy at all. Extremely depressing especially since my holidays haven't been going good in terms of finances and now I have to deal with these issues with paypal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.