paypal account limit

joberec
Contributor
Contributor

please correct my profile. I paid 250$ and 500$ to paypal and an error entered the system for the 500$ gift card! I have no more money in my tray, my total earnings are $750. Which should have been enough to activate it. But they still haven't activated my account and I haven't even received the money they sent me. I sold a room on ebay and I'm expecting $200, please help

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joberec 

Sorry confused about what you mean, you don't pay money to activate a paypal account !!

Sure its not this scam?

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

joberec
Contributor
Contributor

I sold 1 camera on ebay. I'm waiting for $300 from there and in addition I sold 4 cameras that were paid in principle, only PayPal sent a letter asking me to buy gift cards to unlock the account. I bought the ajandek card for $250 and it was activated. I also bought a $500 card, but it failed to activate my account, and because of this, all my payments and the customer's money were stuck on the paypal network. And until then, I won't issue or buy another $500 gift card to be activated. But I don't have cover for that anymore and I won't take out a thousand. why not activated?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joberec 

Sadly you have been scammed as i said above by fake paypal emails.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joberec
Contributor
Contributor

but then why don't I get the money?

paypal message: Hello :
We’re sorry for the late accreditation of your account due to the limit of your account we have been trying to Transfer your payment into your account but their is a limit on your account and it’s needs to be upgraded kindly get back to us with a Amazon Gift Card of $500.00 USD for us to upgrade your PayPal account and transfer the money into your account cause when we are trying to send the money into your account, we can see that it needs to be upgraded so kindly get back to us with the Gift Card for us to upgrade your account and your account will be credited instantly once we confirm the Gift Card from you with the total amount of $1,900.00 USD.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joberec 

That is NOT from paypal, its a SCAM email.

That is NOT how paypal works and they would NEVER tell you to deal with Amazon a rival company.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joberec
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me! then they robbed me

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joberec 

Nothing paypal can do as none of the transaction was done using paypals site, you just responded to fake emails and sent money to scammers. 😥

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joberec
Contributor
Contributor

549$ fizetes a paypalen történt

Login to Me Too

joberec
Contributor
Contributor

there is a transaction number on the paypal page. I see it with my own eyes in front of the screen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.