no tickets sent to me from ticket fulfillment services LP

Robertmpaille
New Community Member

why does papal back this scam company? ticket fulfillment services LP. closed despite never relied tickets bought 10/22/21 at 11:45:20 am tran id: oxm89276[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]06 said they we're sent to me! NEVER GOT TICKETS !!!!!

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

sstadler23
Contributor
Contributor
Under normal circumstances, that’s totally fair. But given the fact that purchasing tickets for an event usually happens months in advance in a normal world, let alone in a world where events are being postponed for literal years due to covid, you would think paypal would make some sort of exception. Or at least have some sort of dispute extension on event specific purchases. Not only that, but this is a PayPal specific scam. You cannot purchase tickets from this merchant outside of PayPal. Therefore PayPal has serious culpability here, especially given the fact that PayPal has been aware of this merchant scamming people for the last 7 years. My guess is a lot more people are going to be coming out as victims to this scam now that events originally scheduled 2 years ago are finally coming to fruition.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sstadler23 

However they do not give extensions however much it may be nice if they did and they clearly state the buyer protection time limit so its up to you if you want to take the risk or not to be honest.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MarcS2
Contributor
Contributor
I have been generally pleased with the support from PayPal, but in this case it was disappointing and half-assed. I finally prevailed, no thanks to PayPal. I agree PayPal shares culpability in this scam and would be wise to intervene. Marc
Login to Me Too

marigold1021

yep, my dispute was closed because I apparently received my tickets. okay then send me the imaginary tracking #. I'm seriously so disappointed in PayPal right now I am ready to close my account and find a different option. I can't believe they are continuing to allow this to happen to people. Thanks Paypal for backing up this scam. What a disgrace. 

Login to Me Too

MarcS2
Contributor
Contributor
If you used a credit card thru PayPal, file a dispute with the bank. I called PayPal repeatedly and asked what documentation ticketfulfillment provided as proof of delivery of tickets. In my case it was emails directing me to a link to accept tickets, but each link resulted in a message that “tickets already released to another email account. I sent screen shots of emails and resulting message to PayPal to a secure link they provided, and with persistence PayPal found in my favor.
Login to Me Too

lh2022
Contributor
Contributor
I just discovered I may have lost $350 Jack Johnson tickets. Did you get any resolution with your tickets?
Login to Me Too

MarcS2
Contributor
Contributor
I did through a lot af calls to PayPal service and sending them screenshots of emails from the ticket vendor which instructed me to open link to accept tickets, but resulted in a message “tickets have been accepted by another email account”. IaskedPaypal to request that email account from vendor which they apparently could not do. I also placed a complaint w the credit card co that I use w PayPal. If they are at fault do not give up
Login to Me Too

BritPretty

Ticket Fulfillment Services LP have done the same to me. Bought through paypal two 57$ tickets, site shows s $2 fee per ticket, says all other fees and taxes are included. Total charge when checked after was over 200$!!! I tried contacting the merchant directly but based on posts here and their BBB page, they are extremely scammy and REFUSE to give any sort of refunds. I am ashamed that they managed to trick me into paying almost double the advertised price for tickets, and I have very little faith after reading this, that paypal will be any help at all to sort through this scam.

I will be reaching out to my bank, but I am very disappointed to see that Ticket Fulfillment Services LP has been scamming people regularly since at least 2015 and continues to get away with it. Does not shine a good light on paypal, either.

Login to Me Too

joebeone
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed by a Ticket Fulfillment Services, LP site. They charged me 3x the face value for the tickets and never sent me the tickets or order confirmation. I trusted the site, www.tickets-center.com because PayPal trusted them by allowing them to use their service. I was wrong and now have lost trust in PayPal as the safe online transaction provider. It turns out Tickets Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of Vivid Seats and sells their software and services to help scammers. They settled a law suite with New York over their practices and have hundreds of complaints on the BBB: https://www.bbb.org/us/il/chicago/profile/event-ticket-sales/ticket-fulfillment-services-lp-0654-900... Yet PayPal allows them to use their services.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.