i made a claim that a transaction wasnt authorized, paypal declined

tigerboo
Contributor
Contributor

i was on the recieving end of a token logger, it went onto humble bundle and spent nigh on 100 gbp, this was not me and i need that money back, i made a claim to paypal whom responded a few hours later (much quicker than the slated 5 days to review, 10 days to close case) saying the transactions were authorized (they werent) and i would not be receiving my money back

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Schae

Hi @tigerboo,

The Community thanks you for posting! 

Unauthorized activity can be highly concerning and I'm sorry for this experience! You say that you went into Humble Bundle and spent the funds, but then you state that you did not make the payment. If the payment is truly Unauthorized to PayPal, it would mean someone else compromised your PayPal account to compete the payment. Is that what occurred or was it your Humble Bundle account that was compromised? PayPal will need to be able to locate compelling evidence for the PayPal account take over, while it investigates the data. If none is found, which can be done quickly at times, then the case would close as denied. If you feel the Humble Bundle profile is what was compromised to make the payment, you would need to file the report with Humble Bundle. They would have access to their data to do an investigation into their system. If you are sure that it was your PayPal account that was compromised, please get back in touch with Customer Support to see if the case can be reviewed again. This can be done by clicking on "Contact" at the bottom of the PayPal website. Next, you'll scroll down to review your available support options. 

I hope you find resolution to this sensitive matter soon! 

Thank you,

- Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.