crogreat.com

dk310
New Community Member

The zoom telescope that is being advertised on facebook is a totally inferior product.  It doesn't focus to provide 300X zoom as advertised

Login to Me Too
111 REPLIES 111

Noisy_Tim
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got a full refund for the telescope! It has taken over three months and a lot of effort.
The first dispute I raised was because the item had not arrived. Then the seller dispatched something. A poor quality telescope. They could then prove that something had been delivered. There was no way of me adding any further information (emails, photos, text) to that dispute. So after a few weeks the dispute was closed in the scammers' favour. 

I then used the chat facility in Paypal help section to talk to a human and complain. They then raised a new dispute but this time for an item that was not as described. I was able to upload photos of what was advertised and what was delivered in the chat. The Paypal staff could then take that into account. They advised me to send the telescope back. I was sceptical about paying out more money to send it back only for the seller to say they did not receive it. Paypal said that I could claim for the cost of postage on their free return shipping program up to a value of £15. (It cost me £15.75.) I had to fill out some form online but that was OK. I got the £15 quite quickly. I uploaded photos of the man at the post office holding the package with all the right labels on it, and the receipt. Four weeks later I got the full $49.99 refund for the telescope too.

My advice for anyone still fighting to get their money back, talk to a Paypal human in the chat; raise a dispute for "item not as described"; share photos of it and what was advertised. You will probably have to send it back but take photos of it and the reciept. Make sure you know how to claim on the "free return shipping program". (Instructions copied and pasted below.)

Good luck.

You can only benefit from free return shipping for payments made after you have activated the service. For details about this service, please refer to https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns.

Here's how to make a request:

1.Return the purchased item to the seller within the required timeframe and retain postage receipt and documentation as outlined within the terms and conditions 'What information do I have to provide with my Refund request claim form?'.

2.Log in to your PayPal account.

3.Click Activity and find the transaction for the item you have returned.

4.Click the transaction and select the 'original purchase' link.

5.Click the transaction and click Request a refund on return shipping and complete the form.

As long as you will be able to prove that the item is delivered tot he seller's address provided with the tracking number, we will guarantee your refund.
Login to Me Too

Rbala11

How do we initiate a collective legal action against this company crogreat.com? The product does not even work.....$60 is wasted on a crap.... Please let us know a way to complaint about this and stop these guys doing it again for any one else.....

Login to Me Too

michiganmonkey
Contributor
Contributor
I got suckered into the same crap unfortunatly I think we are stuck with it since they are a chinese company apparently and they seem to get away with this crap all the tome. I was **bleep** to and no way to return the junk and get a refund. **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

Kimnguyen2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Rbala11, 

I would like to join your collective legal action. I tried to contact Paypal but I kept receiving errors on their end. Should we write to them together?

Thank you,

Kim

Login to Me Too

rlafey

Terrible product what a scam. Hope I can get a refund.

Login to Me Too

carolgia
i bought that fake dog that is supposed to be real in every way. it’s such a joke. a scam totally horrible stuffed stiff dog and yaps so annoying and constantly.” they should be banned from advertising this item PAYPAL I WOULD REMOVE THEM FROM ONE YOU BACK. ITS A SIN
Login to Me Too

KANKY3
Contributor
Contributor
Order the life like husky dog. It's not life like and it is pink. Husky is black and white.
Login to Me Too

KANKY3
Contributor
Contributor
Order the life like husky dog. It's not life like and it is pink. Husky is black and white.
Login to Me Too

webster78

So far, I have had only bad experiences with advertising purchases on facebook and instagram. These are all some companies from China etc. behind it, which do not adhere to the take-back agreements! This is all fake! there is no chance of a refund. You can write off your money.
In the future I will not buy anything and report corresponding advertisements on Facebook and Instagram.
And PayPal is still making a big name for itself and then does not support it. Everything is going in the same direction ...

Login to Me Too

YankeePeddlar
New Community Member

Should have checked this forum before purchasing from them same runaround ordered pants that don't fit and they are not willing to return for credit. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.