account had repeated hacking attempts & I was brushed off, am I missing something

lyshh
New Community Member

This morning, in the middle of a work meeting, I started getting text messages with a security code for the 2-step login process. I hadn't accessed Paypal in months. Someone had gotten my login and password and was actively trying to hack into my account. I immediately logged in and changed/updated my info to make sure the other person was not able to access the account with whatever credentials they had. Paypal's user journey on how to report this led me to the 'resolution center' which required I link my issue with a specific transaction. There was no way around this. So I did, and stated in the comments box what happened and asked for more details on what happened. It's been about an hour and I already have a reply: "nothing suspicious happened"

Now I'm concerned. Clearly hacking into my BANKING INFORMATION isn't a big deal to Paypal.

That "Asking the community" is my only way to escalate this situation is a joke. I will probably delete my account and use other cash transfer services. Access to my banking is too high stakes for this service to operate in such a casual way.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lyshh 

As you think this forum is a joke and you are going to close the account then not a lot of point in us giving up our time trying to advise you is there?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.