Why does it keep saying the refund amount I'm requesting is too much when it's the exact amount?

GraceG21
Contributor
Contributor
It keeps saying that the refund amount must be the same as the transaction, and it's literally the exact same number! I even accounted for the discount I had received, so I was not asking more than 38.40 euros. So why cant I process my refund? It keeps giving me the same error message "the refund the refund amount must be equal to or less than the transaction"
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GraceG21 

Are you the buyer requesting a refund or the seller trying to issue one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GraceG21
Contributor
Contributor
The buyer
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GraceG21 

Have you contacted the seller and asked them to issue a refund for you?

Where are you going to request the refund have you opened a dispute/claim?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GraceG21
Contributor
Contributor
As I said, when I try to file for a refund on paypal, it keeps saying the amount isn't correct. If I could add photos, I would. But there's an error where it keeps repeating what I said earlier, despite the fact that both amounts are the same number. I'm not able to contact the seller because they aren't replying.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @GraceG21

Thank you for posting in the PayPal Community Forum! I am sorry that the reason for your post is such a frustrating thing. I understand that you are unable to open a dispute because the system is saying that the amount is inaccurate.

Since the dispute cannot be opened on your end, please reach out to Customer Service to allow a representative to manually open the dispute for you. They can also at that time look into why you're encountering the error. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. Alternatively, you can also contact via one of PayPal's social media pathways. Send a private direct message via Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.

I hope this is able to be sorted out with all speed!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.