We're initiating closure of your PayPal account - no reason

Stuart51
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my account is set to be closed because I "engaged in activity intended to deceive PayPal and its customers". I don't know what this refers to, I take payments on my website from customers for window cleaning and gardening services. I have in no way tried to deceive anyone. The email I received gave me steps to appeal the decision but they do not work. Can you help?

I have contacted customer services every which way I can think of, the only response so far seems automated but the jist of it is - tough luck pal. The decision is final, we're not letting you appeal, we're not explaining what you've done wrong and we're keeping your money.

It's outrageous!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

smiggstewr
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah it is a technical glitch (for my account at least), did make me panic when i got the email then logged in and saw the red (closure) banner, will let you know as soon as i hear any more

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stuart51 

Just a thought, are you accepting friends/family payments for your services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stuart51
Contributor
Contributor

No. It's a button that I designed on the payal website and is basically a virtual terminal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stuart51 

Then all you can do is ask them but to be honest they rarely give you an actual reason, they just direct you to read their user and acceptable use policies.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stuart51
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I have phoned - they couldn't help but said they'd get back to me in 72hrs

Facebook - no response yet

Twitter - a response saying they will pass it on to someone higher up

Message centre - as above.

Not been a good day.

Login to Me Too

smiggstewr
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue with my business account and currently cant take payments.

I contacted customer services and was told that the issue is due to a recent update which has caused an error.  My account is in good standing and the closure notification was an error, they are currently working on a fix.  This has effected others too so i guess we just have to hold out for them to fix their error.

Login to Me Too

Stuart51
Contributor
Contributor

@smiggstewr 

I really hope so. 🤞

Login to Me Too
Solved

smiggstewr
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah it is a technical glitch (for my account at least), did make me panic when i got the email then logged in and saw the red (closure) banner, will let you know as soon as i hear any more

Login to Me Too

Stuart51
Contributor
Contributor

@smiggstewr @kernowlass 

Account now restored.

😕???

Login to Me Too

smiggstewr
Contributor
Contributor

Just got the email saying my account has been restored and when i logged out nad back in the closure notification was gone so its all fixed for me.

Do you have a business account? if so you can call them and ask them to look into the error and reactivate your account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.