Permanent closure message
The Paypal help centre does not seem helpful AT ALL. My friend opened a new account and after receiving funds from her cousin she got a permanent closure message. She has no clue why that was done nor can she get hold of anyone that can assist. She's never used her account but on first transaction this happens.
Most common reasons for an account limitation are:-
1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not being in the country where you have opened a Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks OR items that violate their acceptable use policy.
8. Using the friends/family option for sales transactions to try and evade Paypal fees and risk of disputes.
9. Violating their acceptable use policy as per link.
If none of those then normally you can't appeal a permanent ban but worth trying?.......
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- I have asked paypal to downgrade my account and so far have recieved zero support. in Security and Fraud Archives
- Stop Abitrary Paypal Account Closure in Security and Fraud Archives
- An Account Limitation? I can't Chat Support (not Available because of Restriction) in Security and Fraud Archives
- Customer care close my account and not responding in Security and Fraud Archives