Unknown phone number added to account.

Ariev
Contributor
Contributor

A $100 charge to Walmart I didn't make appeared and then was refunded.  I then changed my password, updated security info, and checked my account and found a strange phone number had been added to the account.  I'm worried my account was hacked and could be again if we don't understand the method used.  

1.  Has anyone else had a strange phone # added to their account?

2. Is there a way to find out from PayPal details on the phone number or attempted purchase?  All I could see of the phone number is ‪(4**) ***-7064‬.

PayPal did not notify me.  I just happened to be watching the account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Ariev,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to know about what has happened. I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support so that our concerned team will look into your account and help you accordingly. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website or reach out by Facebook or Twitter. I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.