Unilone Trade Company

Christine115
Contributor
Contributor

Aug. 16 I bought a crow lamp, the site was called efcvl.site. PayPal paid the company called Unilone Trade Company. EFCVL.SITE has now disappear, but has reopened as TPJVZ.SITE selling once again bargains up to 80% off. The tracking # doesn't show up, but they keep sending emails telling me to be patience it's in the mail. I now have contact with them through PayPal. I know I've been scammed, but why they keep contacting me, it's like a game to them ... I have till Sept, 16 to carry on with my claim, but PayPal wants me to work things out with the buyer first. I fell like a fool, it wasn't too expensive, but I live on a Disability and can't afford to just move on ... **bleep** off. Here's a link to their new site ...<removed>

Login to Me Too
473 REPLIES 473

macnmolly
Contributor
Contributor

Don't give up.  Keep sending reports, messages, e-msil.  I finally was notified of a full refund yesterday by e-mail and a phone call.

Login to Me Too

Ange194
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered two cat beds in August. Opened a complaint case with PayPal at the end September as items not received . Received a tracking number off Unilone when I complained I had not received my order. Last week I received a tiny dog T-shirt! PayPal have denied my claim as the company supplied a tracking number. This is how they scam people. Send some worthless item and take your money. I am extremely disappointed with PayPal as I thought they supplied some sort of buyer protection. No doubt there are many more people who have fallen for this so BEWARE and trust nobody!
Login to Me Too

annekeire
Contributor
Contributor

yep same story here. Ordered 2 lamps for 31 euros. Received toothbrushes. paypal denying the claim as they received shipping details from the company. Surely with all the people filing claims about the same company they should know by now we are all being scammed and they should refund us !! getting sick of this. 

Login to Me Too

macnmolly
Contributor
Contributor

In my phone call with PayPal on Thursday, I told them there are hundreds of complaints of the dame bait and switch tactics with Unilone, so why is Paypal making it so hard to get a refund.  I reminds me of fighting an insurance bill where the disputed amount isn't large, but it's your money, and I think they hope you just get tired of it all and give up.  Don't give up.  I finally got my refund.

Login to Me Too

ceg2029
Contributor
Contributor
I was able to get a refund today! But I had to do a lot of footwork to get here. I researched as much as I could about Unilone Trade Company. I went through most of the comments on the community, wrote down different email addresses and websites as they were given, did online searches under the company name. I told them that I would like to return the item just so I could get the address and looked it up - it was different enough that it would not have been delivered there. I researched the company that hosted their website. I researched the return address on the envelope and discovered it belong to another company. I filed an ic3 complaint to the internet fraud department of the FBI. I disputed the charge, and when I couldn't get what I wanted to say on the dispute, I sent them messages, asking that it be included in the case. Each time I found something new, I messaged them again. I made sure that they knew how this company was scamming people, how angry I was, and why wasn't this company being investigated. During the course of our conversations, the agent I was dealing with said she had sent the information I gave to the back office to be investigated. When I received an email that the seller had contacted them, I messaged again saying I noticed they had contacted PayPal and that I hoped PayPal considered all the information I provided. Within 10 minutes, I received a refund for the actual cost of the item I bought, not the cost of shipping. I thanked the customer service agent I was dealing with and then asked about shipping, since I have a problem with paying $10.00 for something I ordered that I didn't receive, and I got a credit for it. Being polite but aggressive, having all of your information and ducks in a row with screenshots and links to sites that report scams seems to have worked. This was a lot of work, but for me it was the principle of the thing. There's something wrong when I as the buyer have to jump through these hoops in order to get a refund when they are more than capable and have the capacity to do an investigation of the company on their own. I am further going to lodge complaint against PayPal at the Better Business Bureau stating what I had to go through in order to get that refund. I would advise anyone in the United States to do this, because the BBB well bring it to PayPal's attention. The complaints and the company's responses are completely transparent. For those in other countries, I'm sure you have similar organizations where you can report it and there will be a record of it.
Login to Me Too

macnmolly
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got a favorable decision and a phone call yesterday.  I asked why this company was allowed to use Paypal at all when Paypal had hundreds of complaints of fraud against Unilone.  I didn't get a straight answer, just "we are working on it" and the explanation that a number of previously reliable sellers were now doing this, taking orders and sending a cheap piece of junk, then getting buyers to agree to a small refund.

Login to Me Too

RodyaSmith
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a dinosaur lamp from these guys. It took forever to actually ship, and when the package arrived it had weird cheap toothbrushes in it. I contacted the company, and they confirm a package arrived. I explained it doesn’t matter because it is not what I ordered. In the email they say they are looking into it, but it sounds like I just lost $30. I am surprised they even respond to email when they seemingly have no intention of being a legitimate business.
Login to Me Too

Eleniskioni
Contributor
Contributor
I ve ordered 148-Piece Deluxe Artist Painting Set Great Gift for Artists, Beginner & Adults from them and I've been cheated, they have a site now that is calling hpdbl.top.. I ve order it 1st of September and I been waiting..at the end of September o saw that I dont have a tracking number so I contacted with them and I asked for it and the sent me the tracking number..they told me that because of convit-19 there is might be delayed... I ve been waiting for my package for 2 months because I was contacting with them and they kept saying me to wait one more week and one more week..and after 2 months I ve been asked by PayPal for a refund...I wasn't sure then that is a scam, because in greece package from China takes 1-1,5 month to come, so I thought because o convit-19 is ok to take 2 months...but now it's been 3 months and my request for refund in paypal takes for ever to decide..I ve been tried to contact many times with company but I dont get answer back...I did not wrote all these in my request for refund unfortunately beacause I didn't thought back then that it was a scam, i thought that maybe my package has been lost or something..I hope they ll search and see how many people have been cheated by them...I really wonder if we can do anything against them by law beacause they are in China.. I'm sorry for my English 😛
Login to Me Too

StacieC1
I ordered a car seat with latch base on the 17th August. They sent me tracking and have delivered an item being a kids jacket!! The car seat and base is 16.5lbs the package they are claiming i received is 0.076kg!! Paypal have rejected my dispute due to them sending in a tracking with delivered but its not even the correct item! Scammed me to, I an item for a baby which I know should have been to good to be true but on hardly any income believed it would help no matter how long the wait. They are disgusting and ripping of good people.
Login to Me Too

Felicitylemon
Contributor
Contributor
A phone call to PayPal sorted it out. Don't bother with the dispute center, speak to a person directly. They were very apologetic and I should get my refund within days. I told them about this thread and they assured me they'd be looking into it if a lot of people had been through similar so please keep responding to the thread and reporting it to PayPal. But don't give up!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.