Unauthorized Payment even though I have sent the money.

Pqteras
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I was getting scammed because my seller was not contacting me, and I created a ticket/report at the Resolution Center. My seller, after 2 days of not responding, he finally responded and told me that his PayPal balance says "Unauthorized".

I tried to find a way to cancel the report ticket, but I couldn't find one.

This is a photo from his perspective:
IMG_20211130_191508_857.jpg

I haven't got any refunds from PayPal into my bank account so my question is, where did my money go, and is there a way that my seller could get my money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pqteras 

Once a dispute is opened, the amount is deducted from seller’s balance leaving a negative balance and held, outcome of pending investigation. I anticipate that PayPal will rule it not unauthorized and release the amount from dispute hold which will zero out seller’s balance.

As to where the money went, the money itself could’ve been on PayPal’s 21 day hold at the time of dispute and still is or it was available to the seller who had transferred it already to their bank account before you filed the dispute.

I’d advise that you keep the option of changing the dispute to “item not received”, in mind.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pqteras 

Once a dispute is opened, the amount is deducted from seller’s balance leaving a negative balance and held, outcome of pending investigation. I anticipate that PayPal will rule it not unauthorized and release the amount from dispute hold which will zero out seller’s balance.

As to where the money went, the money itself could’ve been on PayPal’s 21 day hold at the time of dispute and still is or it was available to the seller who had transferred it already to their bank account before you filed the dispute.

I’d advise that you keep the option of changing the dispute to “item not received”, in mind.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Pqteras
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

About the report ticket I sent, PayPal sent an automatic message saying:

We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case CASE-ID, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use.

For more information about these cases, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center.

Does that mean that my seller is gonna get the money one day? Or is it going to stay pending?

PS: I apologize if my English is not that good, my vocabulary isn't the greatest so if you have already made a comment about something from my case and I didn't understand, I am sorry.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.