The seller said he needs me to close the case first so that he can return the money to me

Anson5129
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case on PayPal because the seller said he will refund me but he didn't and blocked me in WhatsApp. And now he is saying that he needs me to close the case so that he can send me back the money. He said that there is an issue in his PayPal account, in order to return my payment, he needs me to close the case first. Should I close the case first, or should I wait to let PayPal to due with the case? I open the case to make sure that I get my refund. But now I have to close it with nothing. What is the best thing to do now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anson5129 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AliAssaf1
Contributor
Contributor
Hello @kernowlass I see you help a lot here, thank you very much for what you are doing I have a question / I want to buy phones from someone and I asked him to send an invoice and write in it the details of the phones, he told me This makes the fees high, And he asked me to send the money directly to his Paypal if I did that and wrote in the note the description of the item, would I enter into buyer protection?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.