Someone tried to access my account and I was sent a code.

shikawkee
Contributor
Contributor

Someone tried to access my account at 3:52am my time here in London where I'm working (or 9:52 CST) and a login code was sent to my phone that I saw when I woke up.  Has this ever happened to anyone?   I've restricted the browser ID used and removed it from my account.  I've also instituted 2-step authorization.  Can this be investigated?  Can the perp be tracked at all?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ChanAung
Someone tried to access my account and I was sent a code. Options shikawkee shikawkee New Community Member Posted on ‎Aug-02-2022 05:56 AM Someone tried to access my account at 3:52am my time here in London where I'm working (or 9:52 CST) and a login code was sent to my phone that I saw when I woke up. Has this ever happened to anyone? I've restricted the browser ID used and removed it from my account. I've also instituted 2-step authorization. Can this be investigated? Can the perp be tracked at all? Thanks
Login to Me Too

shikawkee
Contributor
Contributor

Come to think of it after talking to a PayPal rep it must be an inside job because they assured me the person had my password but the PayPal verification thwarted them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.