Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Fastr33
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe PayPal is getting away with this.  I ordered from what I thought was a U.S. company , waited forever, 0pened a dispute and finally received items that in no way what I ordered. I opened a claim and sent pictures of the items. Then it starts: back and forth with emails . I would not accept sellers partial refund with credit toward future purchases. Duh!

At one point, seller offered me $15 so as to save me from the high cost of shipping it back to China and then said it was unlikely that he would even receive it.  Finally, seller agreed to full refund when I returned the items.  "Fat chance of that! "

I received my items from a Mary with a complete return address in Santa Fe Springs CA . Less than 1 hr from me.  At this point, I will contact my bank and dispute the charges. If anyone is going forth with a lawsuit of any kind, let me know.. I have saved all correspondence and even the original package . This has got to stop. 

Login to Me Too

smithio

Same here.
Case PP-D-81823294.
1) I ordered a bike device (Smarthalo) via FB ads. Didn't do any background checks, it was an impulse purchase.
2) The seller sent me 2 pieces of rubber instead.
3) After some 2 month of dispute, the seller accepted to refund.
4) Before refunding they want me to send back that rubber garbage item. It will cost me almost the initial price, and there's no guarantee that I get even the original sum back.

Of course, I refused to send it and spend more money. Now expecting Paypal to close my complaint with no refund. Let's see.

Login to Me Too

BevMLS
Contributor
Contributor

Probably! PayPal is accepting this which makes them just as bad as the scammers, actually WORSE

Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor
At this point, I believe the only way a lawsuit may happen is to hurt them publicly by taking all these complaints to the attention of the national media.
Login to Me Too

nwshopper
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed purchasing a pair of supposed Merrell Moab hiking boots. What I received was a cheap pair of knock-offs that didn't even look like Merrell shoes. After trying to deal with the seller and being insulted by a $5 refund for a $50 dollar purchase, I decided to try using PayPal dispute resolution. I did receive a refund offer for $35 but didn't accept it based on the principle that I was clearly scammed and wanted a full refund. So I opted to return the shoes knowing that the shipping cost would probably be high. So the seller provided a return address that looked a little off. After doing some Google Maps research I determined that the zip code was wrong and possibly the country code. PayPal wanted me to complete a form with the return shipping verification, but since the return address was questionable, I entered xxxx in the confirmation code box and put a comment in the comment box that the shipping code was invalid. Well, PayPal considered the "xxxx" to be an invalid return shipping code and immediately closed the case in the favor of the seller. They will not reopen a disputed case. Based on what I'm reading in this forum, the odds of getting an item successfully returned to a seller in China and receiving a refund is about zero anyway. So I'm back to square one. I contacted the seller again asking if they could offer the $35 refund. They replied with a $5 offer. 

Here's the scammer's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Adoreby-page-104368944548945/

Avoid it!

Login to Me Too

lakonas67
Contributor
Contributor

fill a complain against paypal at BBB and you get your money back and fill complains  with https://www.ic3.gov/Home/ComplaintChoice and other agensys for the seller and paypal  like the https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

Login to Me Too

Crystine
Contributor
Contributor
I am VERY happy and relieved to post that Paypal (after a 2 month dispute) has refunded my money IN FULL this morning!! They also reimbursed me the shipping cost to send the fraudulant crap back to China!! I still agree, tho, that Paypal needs to come down harder on these fraudulant Chinese companies, but just don't give up.... keep calling Paypal until you get a fair and honest outcome.
Login to Me Too

joekasmijan
Contributor
Contributor

On March 2020, I saw a Facebook ads that sold laptop for $89.99. I was skeptical at first, but then I said I would pay with PayPal and I got buyer protection. I was so wrong....
2 months later I contacted the seller asking for the item. The seller didn't response.
I filed a complain to PayPal and PayPal let me communicate with the seller. The seller responded with a tracking #. The item was sent to a wrong city. I contacted the seller again, and the seller apologized. Another tracking # was issued, and this time, to my surprise I received a small bracelet that you could buy from a swap meet.
The case was escalated and after 3 months of investigation, PayPal finally said the seller agreed to give a full refund. In order to get a full refund, I have to return the item (cheap bracelet) that was sent to me back to the seller. This bracelet was sent from New Jersey but the seller wanted the item sent back to China with Chinese written address. I complained to PayPal and an address translated to English was then provided.
I sent back the bracelet via USPS and paid $20 for it. The postmaster said, the item could only be traceable to the country and not beyond that.
So, I updated PayPal with the tracking # and 2 weeks later when I traced the item it was in transit at Beijing and stopped right there for a month, didn't go anywhere.
Last night I got an email from PayPal saying that my case is denied because I had provided an invalid tracking #, and the case was rewarded to the scammer.
After reading posts on this community site, I now believe PayPal is really siding with the Chinese scammers.

Login to Me Too

ANWat1
New Community Member
I was also scammed by a PayPal Chinese merchant as are many others when you check online. Not sure PayPal really cares or does anything about it after you wait 20 mins on the phone. Where is the vetting process to protect people? PayPal needs better customer service and be accountable.
Login to Me Too

kargesphoto
Contributor
Contributor

HEY EVERYBODY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPAM PAYPAL WITH COMPLAINTS, THE PATHETIC FORM LETTER I RECEIVED AS A RESULT OF MY FILING A COMPLAINT WITH THE CALIFORNIA AG'S OFFICE CAME FROM THIS ADDRESS :

<Removed>  (PP won't let you type in an email address)

I have been copying and pasting posts from this forum and sending them to this address. What a joke this company is.

DON'T FORGET TO FILE A CONSUMER COMPLAINT WITH THE CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.