Refund from sending money to family or friend

Toni185
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, please help, i have been scammed, seller told me to send money as friend and the product he is selling is not as described. He knows this and wont return my money.. What can i do? I hate this feeling, please help me get my money back..

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

panos__ap

did you get your money back at the end?

Login to Me Too

Kei202020
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get my money back I have sent my to friends and family but the details was wrong
Login to Me Too

Cocomitten
Following. I sent as a payment to the wrong addressee also. The unknown recipient has not returned my message for a reimbursement
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cocomitten 

@Kei202020 

If you sent it to the wrong address then ask your credit card issuer if they will help. That is 'if' you funded your paypal payment that way and 'if' they will cover you for a payment that was not for goods/services (unlikely).

If they can't help or you didn't fund it via a credit card then if the receiver does not refund the money you are sadly out of luck.

Basically you sent a 'gift' of money to someone. That is not covered by buyer protection unfortunately as it was not a purchase for goods/services.

By all means contact customer services and they may 'reach out' to the receiver for you and request a refund but they can't force them to do so as it was a gift of money albeit mistakenly sent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Darren64
New Community Member
So there is a possibility that I can get my money back?, cause I have reported the person
Login to Me Too

Garybaldwin45
Hi I have a scam purchase for friends abs family
Login to Me Too

Esavelye
Contributor
Contributor
How does this help????
Login to Me Too

Joshuaftw
Contributor
Contributor
I have been conned as well and it infuriates me to the point of "how can I be so stupid" smdh I don't even know this guy and I sent this man the money and now he won't give it back. He's a ghost now. I never trusted paypal for these situations and for once in my life I thought I could but paypal always finds its way to slap in the face to reality. Now idk what to do smh
Login to Me Too

Courtneymc90
Hi this has also happened to me. Did you have any luck in getting your refund? I haven’t had any luck tho I have messages from the seller saying I would get a refund.
Login to Me Too

mfara
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me also,did you manage to get your money back?Trust me , everyone told me i was getting scammed but i didn't believe it because  i'm stupid

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.